Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel

Probably around 84/85. That was about the time I was introduced to MTV and also became aware of Randy Rhoads.
    -Jon G

Comment

my guitar teacher had a megadeth poster, with several KVs on it..
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I think it was because of my friend / fellow jcf member Zeno.

Comment

It happen by chance.I was looking for a new guitar at the time and the first guitar that caught my eye was the Charvel Model 88(which I still own).I had no idea it was a LE or anything at the time.I just like the reversed headstock and sunburst finish.It also happen to be one of the best playing guitars I tried that could afford at the time.It became my main guitar for many years.And when I started playing again looking at J/Cs was just a natural choice for me.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

It was Dave Mustaine.
            Moreso when I saw a Marshall Ad, with that CSB KV1.

Comment

As far as playing one goes, had to be my ps3t. I had that for a year back in 1998/99. Was alright for the money.

Got my King V..and was sold.
              Got my Soloist, and opted to never leave the brand, not that I ever planned to, but am even more faithful.

To me, they are a perfect fit.

Comment

I saw Stryper live in San Jose in like 86 and M. Sweet was playing a Rhoads and I totally fell in love with the offset V and ended up buying a bunch of Charvels because I couldn't afford a Rhoads. Then in 92 i picked up the Tribute Rhoads LTD and haven't looking back since
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

How and when did you discover Jackson/ Charvel

I was another one who watched "Round and Round" and LOVED Warren's pointy head blood splatter axe! Robbin's Jackson flying V was cool too.

A few kids in school had charvels and I was able to play them. I tried MANY other guitars and to this day, nothing feels like a charvel/jackson!

I am starting to get the fever to buy a few BIGTIME. LOL I wish I still had that soloist I sold OklaStrat!

PETE, if you're reading this, is it po$$ible to get that back?

jay

Comment

I saw Megadeth playing them and I eventually found a left handed Jackson. It was a Stealth EX stone finish. I loved the tremelo and all, but I eventually wanted something better so many years later I ended up getting KV-2's and will not part with them. I have tryed other lefty guitars, but have only been satisfied with lefty Jacksons. What other guitar companies out there make more than just strat or les paul copies and in left handed models, good quality, and affordable prices?

Comment

Working...
                    X