NAMM '01 " '59 Killer" JA0193 acquired! =D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAMM \'01 " \'59 Killer" JA0193 acquired! =D

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn Mike that is an awesome find. Congrats dude. She is a real beauty.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Super sweet axe...congrats! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, that's the stuff! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

that makes my day !!! cool man !!! //Steve

Comment

Isn't that the one that was in the classifieds last summer for $1800? If it is, then the back and neck are figured korina [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] not mahog.

I remember the seller stating the neck was patterned after a vintage LP.....
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

thats awsome man, youre one lucky guy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Definitely a sweet find - congrats! I've gonna have to do a Word here... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

@Everyone: NO you can't have it. It's all mine I tell you!!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

@Archtop: Please send me original pics! That would be sweet! "[email protected]" YOU RULE!!!

@Nor: Flamed Korina? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] You're probably right... I just assumed it was Mahogany from the grain pattern, cause you can't really see the wood color... I'll have to look into this!

Well, yes, I think it was in the Classifieds AND Ebay at one time. The neck does feel Les Paul-ish, and if his asking price was $1800, I STOLE IT! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I hate you.

I can't find the thread on the old boards (pics would prolly be broken, anyhoo) but to recap...

Owner said he custom ordered it, and had to wait a few extra weeks to take delivery( Jackson wanted to display it at NAMM). Owner took delivery at NAMM.

Just a few months later, he had a change of heart about the axe. Said he wanted a nice Jazz box instead, and listed it the old JCF classifieds.

And it looked exactly like that one.

Vintage LP neck profile. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      Flamed korina back and neck. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      Thick quilt top with a 'miles deep' figure and finish [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I thought it had been scored by a JCF'er......and apparently it has. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Prick.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ January 26, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: nor ]
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

aah, feel the love [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

@Ron: *COUGHsevenHACKstringBELCHwarriorACK* Ahem....

?

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

C'mon Xeno!!! Where are the other pics you promised us? It's really hot over here and I could go for a swim in that top! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ron is correct. I remember it now that he brought that up. Even if it isn't you scored a great piece you lucky bastard. lol Enjoy her Mike. It is definitely an easy guitar to look at. Some of the nicest work I've seen come out of the custom shop on a trans finished guitar.
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              We must increase the bust!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!
                              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Thanks Chris! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] She really is one special guitar. She didn't even show the slightest fretwear and was dead mint, except for two of the slightest scratches on the back that would polish right out. Actually, I'm pretty sure it is the same guitar. I was thinking that as I was driving home with it.

I'd like to say I really lucked out, but Ron, the General Manager at Guitar Center San Jose is totally awesome, and always does me right when it counts the most!

@Genebaby, I didn't have time to clean the prints and snap shots today... Should be done tomorrow though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 27, 2003, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]

Comment

Working...
                                X