why is a Strathead so important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is a Strathead so important?

Hmmm, a PC1 with Phil's usual "blunt-ended" pointy headstock would have been VERY appropriate! Not sure why he didn't keep up with those blunt pointies when he specified his PC1 design. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

JMO, but the strat head rules because it's so iconic and because of the absolutely horrendous attempts by guitar manufacturers to look kind of like a strat head but failing miserably. Their failures just make the original more desirable. Witness the original PC-1, the 2 Wayne head stocks, the G & L headstock, etc. There's a reason why Fender protects this head stock shape. The only non-vomitous, non lawsuit strat head imitation i've seen is from reverendguitars.com.

The other option is to just be freaking original. Like the jackson pointy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img], peavey wolfgang, ...there aren't many.

Stupid as this sounds, a fugly head stock is most definitely a deal killer for me, and I'd have a hard time buying a Suhr or an Anderson because of that.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Why are stratheads good, why are boobs good? they just are [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The SLS headstock is just plain ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Madness, the SLS headstock is awesome. To be honest visually I'd take that over a strat headstock any day. The pointy is my clear favorite of course, always has been. But I've never really been a strat fan. Then again I don't think I would ever get a CS Charvel unless I could get a strat headstock, it just seems right somehow. I like the charvel logo on a pointy but it looks unnatural somehow.

Comment

<font color="aqua">ummm.....don't stratheads belong on strats? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

sorry, I'm new here..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Finally someone asked the question I never dared to ask.
              But then again I´m not born and raised in the Charvel family.
              I´ve never owned a stratocaster and probably never will.
              A Jackson or Charvel with a strathead... yeah maybe .

Comment

Wow didn't know so many guys don't like the SLS headstock.

Oh well, I still like 'em and in fact I have a custom coming with that headstock.

Ibanez has a similar headstock and I don't hear anyone bitchin' about their shape anywhere around the forum.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Oh well, I still like 'em and in fact I have a custom coming with that headstock.

Ibanez has a similar headstock and I don't hear anyone bitchin' about their shape anywhere around the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I guess that is because a lot of people can give two shits about Ibanez. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: why is a Strathead so important?

[ QUOTE ]
                    To my eyes, it definitely belongs on a full-sized Strat body and doesn't look quite right on a Soloist/Dinky/Collen superstrat body.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 ,it also looks uhm 'skinny' to my eyes on a 24 fret neck and dinky body.But still a step in the right direction!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I hate it. Grinch Hat. They really missed the mark with an otherwise awesome guitar, the KV2T. Imagine how many more they would have sold if it had the standard pointy headstock.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I just ignore Ibeenhad most of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] They aren't worth the energy it takes to bitch about them.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

To me the SLS headstock on the KV2T is the one thing that really makes it different visually.
                        And I love it!!

Comment

Ibanez headstocks are the ugliest ones, imho.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

lol, grinch hat. thats freaking awesome.

^+1.

Comment

I like the SLS headstock, but only on certain stuff. It looks best as a seven string headstock. The guys in Divison have them on their sevens, and it looks way better than seven on a side.

Comment

I think the SLS headstock looks great on a KV - in general I think all Vs should have a 3x3 headstock; it helps preserve the symmetry of the body shape. Likewise, a 3x3 headstock on a strat-shape (which isn't symmetric to begin with) looks weird (which is why I dont' like the SLS heastock on the SLS...funny, huh?).

Comment

Working...
                                X