Jackson web site lacking or is it just me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson web site lacking or is it just me

Kinda seems like the Jackson site is a bit lacking. Specs for many models have never been listed. And I've heard on this board that the SLATQH has been discontinued, yet the model remains on their website. Few other things, but overall it could just stand to be a lot richer in content. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson web site lacking or is it just me

I should add that the Custom Shop pics/updates are f*ckin' sweet though.

Comment

You can probably thank Fender for that, since their site is constantly out of date, too.

Comment

I like the initial design and layout, but it's lacking a ton of content and not very well maintained.
        I would expect more from Jackson, but hey, they have better things to do... like build guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        -Rick

Comment

Lacking in content? No. In fact, they've added quite a bit of new content in the past few weeks.

...Could it use a refreshening? Yep. Some of the info. is somewhat out of date.

Comment

I guess it's been a few weeks since I've been there.
            But with all the new content, you would think they would have updated the existing info.
            -Rick

Comment

i think the jackson website is one of the worst guitar manufacturers websites. the only thing really useful is checking out some custom shop pieces

Comment

You have to be kidding me! LOL

I have checked out many forums (Ibanez, Dean, Suhr, Wayne Guitars, Hamer, Harmony Central) and this is my favorite on the net bar none.

You hear more at this forum on the specs, technical issues, even other guitars. You got soundfiles, cool internet links, etc...

Dude you can't tell me you have checked this out thoroughly.

People here are nice and knowledgeable and willing to help.

So leave then is the answer you're going to get from most people because your comment is rediculous.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Hey Shredmonster, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Jackson Guitars site, and not this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hey Shredmonster, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Jackson Guitars site, and not this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! Sorry. hehehehehehehe!

That I totally agree with!

But so what - they make awesome axes.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, referring to jacksonguitars.com. Lord strike me dead now should I ever knock this forum!

Comment

I think they have a lot of good information and the addition of the custom shop photo gallery and what's new has been very nice to watch. I think there site could use a new layout. The home page could be redesigned so you see the latest pictures uploaded and latest custom shop pieces. No sense in looking for the link. Overall they have some good things. If it was arranged differently it might be easier to navigate and see the latest cool things.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

A strong Internet Presence is a requirement of modern business, IMO. You definitely need more than one person updating all the parent company's sites. Brad, the guy that does it by himself, is definitely doing a good job with the Custom Shop Photo Gallery and other eye candy, but the "hard work" of maintaining the model pages/specs is definitely going to require more than one person.
                          I maintain setup books where I work, and that's not my job. It's some other guy's job, but since he wasn't doing it, I took it over myself because I needed the book updated. I got the President's Award for doing it, too, and I'm still the only one that adds new things and removes old/invalid info, so I know what kinda work goes into that sort thing in addition to your "regular job" for a company.

But still, it must be done. It makes the company and brand look good, and it shows that the parent company is concerned about the well-being and public perception of all their brands.

How many here have gone to a site that was so lackluster that you didn't care about what they were trying to represent? Not including my own site, BTW [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          On the other hand, I've been to plenty of sites that had more effort put into the site than the product.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yeah, it needs improvement, but hey, so what...
                            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I think divebomb brings up a very relevant point. The biggest problem with jacksonguitars.com - IMO - is its outdated info - not to mention the info that is downright WRONG!
                              (They list the wrong fret wire on the KV2 for one thing, and the wrong body wood on the JS series.)

They don't bother showing some models at all, like the SL2HT. They can't be arsed with telling us what model EMGHZ they put in the MG series guitars. The DK27D doesn't even have a spec listing! It says it "isn't posted yet" - but isn't that model also discontinued now, btw?

I just think it's a shame - because they have a cool looking website that they could use to create a dedicated fanbase! How about getting all the details right to begin with? How about adding a few soundclips? Going a bit further, how about some exclusive interviews with endorsing artists? Or staging a demo "shred competition" that runs for a couple of months? It would require a bigger website staff for sure, but it would definitely pull some people in who would otherwise just browse it through and leave.

I guess it isn't going to happen now that the Jackson website is under "mothership control". I suppose it is up to us, the players, to keep the records straight regarding model specs...and staging cool competitions. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sidenote: The music clip compo we had a year or so ago was GREAT! I'd love to see another one soon! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X