Unknown model...wish I still had it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown model...wish I still had it.

Back in the 90's I bought a Jackson from a local shop. It was used and the owner did not know the model number.

It was a strat shaped body, bolt on, non-trem (with strings through the body in the inverted v like on the non-trem Rhoads), inverted headstock and here is the strange part, it had three humbuckers with a 5-way switch.

The dear thing broke its neck one day and I could never find another to replace it. I would buy another if I could actually find one.

Anyone know the model?

Re: Unknown model...wish I still had it.

Dinky HX? Or Stealth HX? Did it have "Professional" after the Jackson on the headstock?
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

It's impossible to say which model it may be without some more detailed info. Did it say anything other than "Jackson" on the headstock for instance? "Professional" by any chance?

By the general description it sounds like a Dinky Reverse. No regular Jackson model has come with three full size humbuckers as far as I know, so it was probably modded - unless it was a USA Custom Shop guitar (most likely it would have said so on the headstock, and been pretty expensive).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Dinky HX? Or Stealth HX? Did it have "Professional" after the Jackson on the headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]
        Dinky HX is only two humbuckers... but it's got a regular headstock (I've got a black one, sold the red one to Spaceace.

The Stealth HX also has a standard headstock but does have three humbuckers. Venomboy has one of these, maybe he can post a pic. Neither have the V pattern for the string eyelets/ferrules, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I *know* there was a Pro Dinky with three hums and a reverse headstock - Veneman's in Springfield here had one, and I almost bought it. I don't remember the V pattern, though...
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I *know* there was a Pro Dinky with three hums and a reverse headstock - Veneman's in Springfield here had one, and I almost bought it. I don't remember the V pattern, though...

[/ QUOTE ]
            I stand corrected. I always learn new things around here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

It was not a Dinky. Stealth sounds familiar and right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I do not have any pictures of it but I do think it said "Professional". HMMM...

Comment

If I remember correctly being a bolt-on it was not expensive (around $550 used).

Comment

Stealth HX, three humbuckers, string through bridge.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Stealth HX, three humbuckers, string through bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]OK, this place officially rules. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info.

After looking at one on ebay I also remember the inlay dots being between the low E and A string. That's the guitar I'm looking for. Thanks!!!

Now to find a non-trem three humbucker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Triumph....I have sent you a pm....to POOP ON!!!!

Comment

Thanks surfdork!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This may be tough to make out, but...

Stealth HX from '94 catalog:

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...f-94-page8.jpg
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So it is a Stealth HX... but didn't you say it had a reverse headstock and V pattern on the ferrules? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point. It had a piece of metal in a V shape where the strings went through the body and a reverse headstock. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The ones I saw on ebay all had Floyds so I just assumed the fixed bridge would be as on my old Jackson. Guess not. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Were the Dinkys bolt-ons? Did the Stealth ever come with a reverse headstock?

Comment

Working...
                              X