Anodizing guitar parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anodizing guitar parts

I just got through thinking it would be cool to have colored hardware (Cobalt blue) to match the RR's EErie Dess finish, mainly the saddles and parts of the tuners. Does anyone know of any site that'll do anodizing for guitar parts? I foubd a couple, but they only take large accounts from other businesses. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Anodizing guitar parts

You can only anodise aluminium can't you? Not steel. Im pretty certain on that, I wanted to bike parts anodising for the same reason but I couldnt cos they werent ally.

James

Comment

Anodizing a few small parts would be fine if they're aluminum... but the saddles and tuner parts are made of steel, I'm pretty sure... so you'd need to have them plated or powder coated...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Haha! Beat you Xeno.
        [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info.

How durable is a powder coating? Know of any good sites that'll do it for me?

Comment

Kahler used to make colored hardware, like red and blue, for the pro trem and locking nuts. They looked to be anodized, but were probably plated since I don't think they were made of aluminum.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
              Haha! Beat you Xeno.
              [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X