personal J/C preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: personal J/C preferences

I prefer more traditional bodies like the LP, Strat/Soloist/Dinky, don't really care too much whether the neck is set, bolt-on or through the body. I like any kind of fingerboard wood, maple rosewood, ebony, whatever. Inlays don't really matter much to me either, nor does having binding, but I do like the look of neck/headstock binding, don't really care for body binding. I'm not picky about headstock shapes either, but the Strat and Jackson pointy head (regular or reverse) are favorites.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i pretty much like DK-1's and PC-1's that's it. i never could get used to the neck thru - i like feeling the bolt on heel when i am playing.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm old school too. Full size strat bodies, Floyded and strat headstocks. I was all pointy headstocks before I got a GMW with the strat headstock, added a couple Jackson woodburn strat headstocks and a Fender. Jacksons really don't do much for me anymore but the new Charvels RAWK! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] your collection is fucking incredible Shawn. I about shit myself when I saw all you had. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

you can't make a more comfortable guitar to sling than a
          magic regular stratocaster like charvel did, with the strat headstock. it's a better and hot rodded version of the original. and a magic les paul standard works for me too.
          i love all the stuff jackson came up with but i started with a strat and never felt the need to leave it. stars are cool, but for versatility and overall balance and comfort, the charvel strat torches all in it's path for me.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

2 EMGs 81/85
            Strat style body mahogany
            C shape maple 24 fret neck w/rosewood board and sharkfins
            Schaller Floyd
            Black

Comment

Eventually, I wanna try the EMG 85(bridge) 81(neck) deal so many people dig, in my WRMG. That's probably the only part of a personal custom order I still need to figure out is the pups. I basically want to have an axe built very similar to my Death Angel...arch top, scythe inlays, it's gonna be a 'Death' something! What's cool is having the XT-Live, (I know it's still only modeling but it gets you in the ballpark) and playing my different Jacksons through all types of configs and being able to see how big a difference in wood, pickup, amp there really is to explore. My Death Angel(single EMG 81), KV2(2 TB4's), KE1(single TB4) all have extremely different tones and I have great sounds for each dialed up, but totally different amp models and effects like 'tube screamer'. I think the reality of it is, it's a never ending process of finding your perfect personal tone. And as years go by no matter who you are or how good you are your tastes will change. And I think that will always keep playing exciting. Eventually, I'll have to stop playing metal in a gigging band. It's just not cool for an old man to be banging out speed/thrash/extreme hardcore metal. I know eventually I'll move on to another genre of music and everything will change. Just like one of my biggest influences,(Jerry Cantrell) I like some (and I stress some)country music. I'll probably be playing that someday. Extreme country! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] One thing will be the same, it's gotta be a pointy Jackson. Wood, pickups, etc. will change...but I'll modify that Death Angel regardless. And yes, I did just come home from the bar and I feel great! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

If I had 3500 buckes in my pocket I'll ask the custom shop:

1)Neck through soloist

2)Mahogany body AND neck

3)Arched top...flame maple of course!

4)Gold hardware

5)Pointy REVERCE headstock

6)Ivoroid binding on headstock, fingerboard AND body

7)OF COURSE sharkin inlaids, reversed

8)SD alnico II pro and custom custon, zebra...

9)Kahler 2330 brige (yes...)

10)Heritage cherry sumburst finish

As is clear I prefer neck through,sharkfins and pointy headstocks, but I wouldn't spi on a new Charvel VHII...
                '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                '92 Fender Strat scallop
                '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I got to checkout a used musicman axis yesterday (EVH - model), What impressed me the most was the neck. Am I mistaken or is that a recreated profile of his Charvel. All I know is I liked it.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

... also I hate vintage trems, v plates, & pickguards.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

My favorite is my bone stock Model 5fx in firecrackle.....I love the J-95 pickup...(some of you guys don't like em ....send em to me!!!) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                      X