so who owns these companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so who owns these companies?

I know Fender recently bought the Charvel name. so who owns Jackson?

and I understand the Jackson folks in Ontario, CA are making the new USA Charvels. is that expected to continue, or is it a limited time thing?

is the Ft Worth, TX company (IMC?) still involved in any way?

thanks for any info...
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: so who owns these companies?

FMIC (Fender Musical Instruments Company) is the parent company of JCMI (Jackson Charvel Musical Instruments)
    Occupy JCF

Comment

ah. thx for the info man.

was Jackson still owned by IMC or whatever that company was, prior to the FMIC purchase?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        and I understand the Jackson folks in Ontario, CA are making the new USA Charvels.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Both USA Jacksons and Charvels are being produced in Corona, CA

Ft Worth was the old companies' HQ; that's been out of the picture for a while now.

Newb [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yup its The Microsoft of Guitar companies. Fender!!!!!

Is it me or since Fender took over seems Jackson/Charvel are getting the Marketing they deserve?

Comment

More marketing is a good thing. yes they are getting more exposure, maybe not ibanez level, but it's better than it was.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Both USA Jacksons and Charvels are being produced in Corona, CA

Ft Worth was the old companies' HQ; that's been out of the picture for a while now.

Newb [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              yeah yeah, I'm a noob in search of knowledge. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ok I do remember hearing something about a move from Ontario to Corona. all those cities sorta blend together if you live here.

Comment

Are the Charvels actually being made on the Jackson side of the building now or are they still being made in the Fender side like they were last year?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Are the Charvels actually being made on the Jackson side of the building now or are they still being made in the Fender side like they were last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jacksons and Charvels are made by Jackson/Charvel employees. Fenders are made by Fender employees. Benedettos are made by Benedetto employees. (Benedetto also shares the Corona facility) Does it really matter which company purchased the tools?? I mean, as long as they're the right tools used by the right people, who gives a flying pigeon?
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

"Hey, you got your wood dust over on our side of the building, we know it's yours, send one of your crew over here to clean it up!"

"Hell no, it's just wood dust, you clean it up!"

Then someone grabs a $5000 Benedetto and smashes it over someone else's head and a riot ensues.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I didnt know they moved the whole operation from Ontario...

Man did I miss something big
                          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Chuck,
                              I just finished pulling myself off the floor! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X