"Ask Jackson"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: \"Ask Jackson\"?

well I dunno. The place rocks as it is.. I will try to repost those questions in the appropriate forums and discuss them there. I guess I can quote from one forum to the other, by cutting and pasting?
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      chuck is right.

actually, i think we need a forum to discuss the consideration of adding another forum to discuss things in.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]
      thats fucking funny Sully

instock inventory

Comment

I agree that the Ask Jackson section should be restricted to on-topic responses only - is there any way to allow only the original post, and no additional posts from anyone other than JW?

Also, I'm kind of torn with problems like Kinder has raised with bridge alignment - that's a serious issue and bears discussion, on the other hand, to my way of thinking, the JCF isn't the place to get resolution - JW has been really cool at stepping in at times, but the JCF shouldn't be seen as FMIC customer complaints.....

On the other hand again ( [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ), pretending these problems don't exist doesn't seem particularly sensible either, especially as Sully pointed out, this forum isn't actually run by FMIC.....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

thats like three hands...

I was thinking the same thing about the one post thing.
          but that would allow someone with a serious good responce from helping with the question... (that is obviously someone other than me) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

instock inventory

Comment

I completely agree with limiting the Ask Jackson section... I didn't even read any posts in there for months after it was added, then one day about a month ago I pop in and DAMN, there were more posts than I cared to read... I just don't see why there need to be SO many replies from people OTHER than Jackson...

Comment

^^ Cuz we just cant help it. People ask questions that just really get us Gassing

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I agree that the Ask Jackson section should be restricted to on-topic responses only - is there any way to allow only the original post, and no additional posts from anyone other than JW?

Also, I'm kind of torn with problems like Kinder has raised with bridge alignment - that's a serious issue and bears discussion, on the other hand, to my way of thinking, the JCF isn't the place to get resolution - JW has been really cool at stepping in at times, but the JCF shouldn't be seen as FMIC customer complaints.....

On the other hand again ( [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ), pretending these problems don't exist doesn't seem particularly sensible either, especially as Sully pointed out, this forum isn't actually run by FMIC.....

[/ QUOTE ]

All good points. First, we've been discussing how to handle the "Ask Jackson" section. We'll have resolution soon. However, there are some limitations placed upon us by the software that the board runs from.

Secondly, problems with products are fine to discuss, but everyone has to remember that there is a procedure in place for handling problems. Despite being the best, the JCF is not an official JCMI board. We're all fans. So we can't do anything to help your problem other than say, "awww man, that sucks". Once you go through the procedures, then post your experience. If it's negative and you've gone through the proper channels, I'm sure you'll get someone's attention.

Lastly nobody's saying to pretend that issues don't exist. We've stated many times that while we want to cultivate a positive relationship with JCMI, we're not going to kiss ass. So, to reiterate, if there's a problem and you've gone through the proper channels, then by all means... post your experience.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  "Jackson USA Guitars (4 viewing)
                  Forum dedicated to the discussion of Jackson U.S.A./Custom Shop Guitars."

[/ QUOTE ]

A few of us were originally discussing the possibility of expanding the MG line. If I wanted to shell out the money for a custom axe at the moment I wouldn't be "Asking Jackson" anything. I'd just have it built. I'll just re-post in the "Import" forum in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

Tekky - that all sounds pretty cool to me.

I can understand how frustrating these QA issues would be, and I guess I'd want to tell the world as well, but only as long as it's information, not bitching or a convert approach to resolution.....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Regarding the discussion issues in that particular section:
                      I've seen the other Q/As of "How about adding so and so to the USA line" and the response of "Feel free to go Custom Shop with that one", and that simply doesn't strike me as an acceptable answer, and a "one post, one reply" format for that section does not allow for a proper round of discussion. Discussion is how you come up with new money-making ideas in a business, however, free-roaming tangents do negatively affect the focus.

I'm not a narrow-minded Metalhead that feels Jackson should fight to dominate the Metal market and have a presence ONLY in that market. While I'm not suggesting they spread themselves thin, I would like to see Jackson make a conscious effort to branch outside of Metal and into the other, more mainstream markets, so when the issue of bringing the NASL to the USA line or even the Professional line comes up, as a paying customer I am not satisfied with "No, but you can order one through the Custom Shop" for an answer becuase it doesn't seem to me there was any effort on Jackson's part to look into the possibility.
                      I don't want just "one" from the Custom Shop, I want 5 or 6 in various finishes and configurations that I bought from a dealer's stock as part of a standard production model line just like people do all day with RRs and SLs and KVs, and I think it's the perfect model for Jackson to branch into the non-Metal markets along with the new Stratheaded PC-1.

I don't know if JohnW can even play a guitar, and I don't know what info, if any, he has on the NASL other than a pic and a description posted here, and since he hasn't laid out any Official Market Research Results regarding that specific model, I don't know if he OR Jackson is even interested in the possibility of using the NASL as a vehicle to make more money in a better-funded market, so I took it upon myself to push that idea in the (apparently vain) hope that he would at least look into it rather than just say "Go Custom - have a nice day".

I know he doesn't have time to wade through a sea of discussions and tangents, and I do appreciate him stopping by to see what we've got on our minds, but if he can spare a bit more time in looking into the market-sense of certain suggestions, and include those results in his reply - even if the reply was "No", it would be greatly appreciated.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        chuck is right.

actually, i think we need a forum to discuss the consideration of adding another forum to discuss things in.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, you need a job in upper management [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

sadly, i already have one.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Discussion is how you come up with new money-making ideas in a business, however, free-roaming tangents do negatively affect the focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone would really disagree with that Newc but I also don't think John's here shopping for cool ideas that have slipped under the radar at J/C HQ. I'm reasonably certain that they're going to do whatever it is they're going to do without much input from the crew here.

And I'm not sure on which planet you live where companies freely disclose marking surveys / results / plans but here on Earth that's typically the most confidential information there is. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] E.g., I can pretty much guarantee that if John were to announce a great new idea here that they'd determined was guaranteed to excel in a particular niche there'd be a dozen knockoffs from the usual suspects probably before J/C even had a chance to get their products to market. Just not gonna happen.
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

newc, i hear ya on the "get a custom shop" answer, but really, why have a custom shop if not for these kind of situations? i would think that they do enough market and past sales research when it comes to new models to have a good idea as to what does and does not sell well for the company.

take the NASL issue, for example. it's a great lookin guitar, and i don't doubt that it plays well, and i can understand why it's one of your favorite guitars. but what if they don't really sell to the masses in japan? if they don't sell in a huge market, it may be safe to bet that they may not fare well here.

and let's allll harken back to summer namm of 2001, shall we? remember how the members lost their minds over the swee-tones and bashed it up oneside and down another? now some of you are converts to some of the models. my point is that the swee-tones were a big departure for the company, and since you can't get em anymore, i'd guess they didn't do well, and jackson's core market rejected them.

anyway, from a business sense, many of the things that are posted here CAN legitimately be answered with "place a custom shop order." again, that's what a custom shop is for, and we really should be appreciative of the fact that it even exists (considering AMIC wanted to get rid of it). i understand that the biggest obstacle in c/s ordering is cost, but again, if you want something that you can't get off the rack, you're going to pay more for it.

i understand that we'd all love to be the guy who suggests something, and have JW come back with "what an awesome idea! thanks dude, we'll get right on it!" but in reality, i'd guess that a fair amount of what's posted there has been considered. that's not to say that the posts there are worthless, but you can ask other things than new model suggestions. i'm surprised that no one has mentioned anything in there about the website enhancement (charvel)/accurate info (jackson models)/ and making WO info available perhaps for a fee, or on the site? or replacement parts being available (like fender does with bodies, necks, etc) especially after the dude from warmoth posted here looking to spec jackson necks! and i'm also surprised that no one has asked about no new catalog since summer namm 2003.

sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X