Was this body ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this body ever made?

A J/C Rhoads with a single bridge hum (NO neck p/u), Floyd, bolt on neck, no knob front plate (no big deal if it does have one though)? If so, any model numbers? If its was ever made, Ill be looking for just the body as Ive got a few "good" ideas Id like to try out... so any year/model number would help greatly! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Was this body ever made?

What scale length and number of frets are you looking for, specifically? All of the Rhoads bodies to my knowledge are 25.5" scale and 22 frets, except for the new JS30RR which has 24 frets. However, that has a TOM bridge and two humbuckers...

Let me guess, you (along with many others in the past who have asked) want to build a 24-fret Rhoads the easiest way you can. Take a seat and join the rest of us who have been waiting for it as well and had the same original "good idea". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Alexi Laiho from CoB had a Jackson like that at one time. Then apparently it got destroyed, and he needed a quick one (the Jackson CS was gonna take too long), so he switched over to ESP. He's been with them ever since.

Lo, I'm not sure if it was a bolt-on or neck-thru.

Comment

it was neckthru. Do a quick search for "Laiho" here & you'll find specs, details & pics. Every couple of months another "Jackson dropped the ball with Laiho" debate sparks up around these parts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Alexi Laiho from CoB had a Jackson like that at one time. Then apparently it got destroyed, and he needed a quick one (the Jackson CS was gonna take too long), so he switched over to ESP. He's been with them ever since.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Alexi was playing two 24-fret custom neck-thru Rhoadses (that used to belong to Roope), but they were both stolen from him at a big party in COB's rehearsal room. These were the yellow bevel "Wildchilde" Rhoads, and the one with the phosphorous pinstripes. Alexi was not endorsed directly by Jackson, but by a music retailer in Finland, which was a Jackson dealership.

It's unclear what happened next, but Alexi has stated that he sent in a CS order that was dropped by Jackson. My guess is that FMIC (who were rebuilding their organisation in Europe at the time) dropped the dealership for the business that had the adorsement deal with Alexi. So, his endorser couldn't get him a Jackson - but they could hook him up with ESP. The rest is history, as ESP didn't pass up on the chance to sign him. Apparently there's quite a bit of bad blood in there on Alexi's part, as he feels he was being put down by Jackson. And yes, a Jackson CS probably would have taken too long for him anyway, at the time.

To get back to the original question: No, there were never any single pickup, bolt-on Rhoads bodys in regular production. The closest call to what you're looking for is the RX10D, as it is rear-routed.

If I remember correctly, JCF member "Child of Norther" has built a bolt-on replica of the Wildchilde Rhoads, using an RX10D body and a DK-1 (?) neck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What scale length and number of frets are you looking for, specifically? All of the Rhoads bodies to my knowledge are 25.5" scale and 22 frets, except for the new JS30RR which has 24 frets. However, that has a TOM bridge and two humbuckers...

Let me guess, you (along with many others in the past who have asked) want to build a 24-fret Rhoads the easiest way you can. Take a seat and join the rest of us who have been waiting for it as well and had the same original "good idea". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you got me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I figured it wasnt made, but just wanted to be sure. Two choices then: Use another Rhoads body, fill the neck p/u cavity and re-rout, or making the body by scratch. Would have been a little easier to find that perticular body, but I guess Ill learn more from doing it by hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ill be using a Jackson neck though, probably a DKMG (love those Piranha inlays) as Im not ready for neck sculpting yet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ill start a new thread once I gather all the parts I want and start the project, documenting my progress along the way. My goal is for it to have the same dimensions as a production Rhoads, but with a little extra "twist" that would normally cost an arm an a leg for a custom order.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ...To get back to the original question: No, there were never any single pickup, bolt-on Rhoads bodys in regular production. The closest call to what you're looking for is the RX10D, as it is rear-routed...

[/ QUOTE ]

or a roswell [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              as its the only 1hum rhoads in production, and its read routed as well, has no floyd though

ok ok i didn`t say anything.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Its ok, I wont be hacking up any guitars of significant value/rarety(is that even a word?). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This will be my first major set of mods, so Im bound to screw up somewhere, so I wouldnt use anything extremely good as a base anyway. Besides, Id feel guilty as hell chopping anything that cost over $400 or so. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You are all wrong. You guys forgot about the EXTREMELY limited run of the RRL/L's. Basically the Wildchild rhoads but a bolt on. The only problem is that they only made 60 of 'em and all were sent to finland. Maybe, just maybe you can find someone who'll sell it. But I doubt it as they are probably considered a collectos item.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You are all wrong. You guys forgot about the EXTREMELY limited run of the RRL/L's...

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Well, you said it yourself: Limited run - not regular production model. There have been a few other limited runs with single humbuckers, but it's not like you come across them every day.

Comment

...and I wouldnt chop up a rare guitar like that anyway.

Im maybe looking at the older Charvel Rhoads, with the angles bridge p/u and the single coil neck... pretty much what Im looking for, I can live with the angled p/u. Seem to be cheap enough so far. I just want the body but it looks like Ill have to get a whole guitar off eBay... maybe check some local pawn shops. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah, the Charvel Avenger! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Dave (Budman68) did a 24 fret conversion on one of those.

Comment

i sold one to someone here - was it jgcable? i can't remember. great playing axe those avengers are.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my GOD, this is brand new information!!!!! >> Phoebe from the TV show "Friends"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Apologetically,
                            Number Of The Pompous [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

*snickers* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, I'll stop now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              except for the new JS30RR which has 24 frets. However, that has a TOM bridge and two humbuckers...

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I was considering the JS30RR a while ago... but damn, I cant get over the jack location! What were they thinking? When I play my Rhoads' sitting down, I put my leg right where the jack comes out. Regardless though, It might just do. Installing a OFR wont be a problem, and 2 hums wasnt a problem either. I only wanted a single hum so I wouldnt have to fill the cavity when I moved the neck forward. So Ill probably just go that rout, mill off 1/8" off the top of the body, put a veneer that I want on there with some pearl inlay work on the body as well, and call it a day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X