Still waiting on a KV2......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting on a KV2......

I posted before just after I ordered my KV2 from the good old USA due to the HUGE reduction in prices you guys have compared to the UK, and I was told origionally that there would be a 12 month wait.

That wait is now over....or was on christmas eve when i got an email saying my guitar had been built and arrived, only took 4 months, which i was sooo happy about.

Anyways, I decided on getting my guitar from a seemingly unpopular amongst here guy Ed Roman. Now everything up to now has gone sort of smoothly. However. I paid for my guitar 23 days ago....and i still have not got it. They have not even shipped it. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

That shop REFUSES to accept international cards so i have to do a bank to bank transfer. When i paid my deposit the money went through in 3 days, it took them 1 month to confirm it arrived. Now the same thing is happening, and all i get is badly writted emails from their accountant.

HI JERMENY

THE BAK IS NOT SHOWING YOUR W,T.

JOANNE

Now here is me over here worrying about where my money is and this is what I get. Its a good thing it seems like they are really trying to help me out here.....not.

Ill ring again on monday but I JUST WANT MY GUITAR as I have parted with a SERIOUS amount of cash which they recon they have not got, and my bank are saying the transfer went through smoothly within a few days.

Hmph. I just want my guitar.

Re: Still waiting on a KV2......

Even the slightest delay after you have parted with your cash is extremy uncomfortable - obviously the more money, the more troubling. There's always the chance you've getting it up the ***. The dealers should understand this if they want to make business again. And if I've understood this Ed Roman guy he doesn't give a damn about the possible future deals...

Just my 5c

Comment

I'd say **** Ed Roman and buy it from a serious dealer like OSG, drumcityguitarland or guitarxpress...

Comment

Jeremey, that sucks! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

BUT, you should have done a little research before buying from Ed Roman. He's not just hated here, he's hated at the Les Paul forum, the Dean Forum, the Fender Forum, and by just about anyone who ever buys guitars regularly.

I sure hope you get what you paid for. I'm hoping the best for you, but the guy's got a repuation for screwing people over BIG TIME.

Anyways, sorry to hear about that... and I hope you didn't pay more than $1200 for the guitar alone, either way, I hope you get a nice brand new guitar from him.

Good Luck!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well i must admit he is not going to get ANT future business from me unless they change their foreign payment policies. I buy from the US all the time and not one company so far has refused to accept my Visa card, these guys wouldnt even consider it.

I must admit tho the price I was given is very good, but tbh paying an extra 100 dollars would not have been a problem if i could have it straight away because effectively my money has just dissapeared and they just dont seem bothered.

The salesman i have been dealing with has been nothing but helpful, its just the accountant who is giving me grief and she happens to be Mrs Roman so what good would complaining to the boss do........bugger all i guess.

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Gee maybe I should've thrown a playful kick HER way too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As far as I know, Jackson doesn't even sell direct to Ed Roman... Most companies won't.

He's probably looking for a KV like the one you ordered, and I wouldn't doubt that he'd get it off ebay. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well ive just had a fresh phone call conversation and not sure what is happening next, im sending over my proof that the transfer has gone through (again, i did 2 days ago, they didnt recieve it apparently)

And its back to waiting again.

Comment

Not wanting to take any sides, especially in this case, but I can understand why he wouldn't take an international credit card. 99% of the international banks (Where the cards are issued from) have no address verification, therefore no seller protection. I have had one chargeback from American Express International and I will NEVER go through that again.

Money transfers are just as risky. The same # you give to deposit to, can also be use to withdrawl from.

The only way to truly do it safe, is buy from a reputable dealer, send a cashiers check, and require they sign for it. If they fail to deliver goods, it is now mail fraud. I believe anything over $750 in most states is a Felony. Best of luck to you.

Matt

Comment

When you sent the confirmation letter did you have them include a return receipt so they have to sign for it before the postman let's them have it?
                    That's a very wise thing to do. It's also the best way to guarantee your case if it has to go to court.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well i just got an Email saying they cant read my attachment, which is a pain in the arse. Its just a small jpg file.

One thing ive noticed since updating their website they have made an error in the wire transfer details and put down the wrong account number. I thought this was why it has gone wrong so i rang up but apparently my details are all correct, the website is now incorrect and will be updatad ASAP.........makes you wonder doesn't it. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

It will now be Faxed thru tomorrow.

Comment

Well Matt (OSG) here's a little story for you. I tried to order a KE3 from you before and you wouldn't accept my credit card (I live in Ireland) instead I would have had to do something that would have taken weeks to clear. So instead I bought off Music 123. What they did is when I was ordering they just asked me for the name, address and tel. number for my bank and they rang them up to verify everything. My guitar was sent 1 working day later and only took 2 more days to get to me. It came in perfect condition and was well set up. The best part though was that it cost me $440 (Trans Red, incl. case) or $527 incl. shipping. I'm not being bitter or anything but why can you not just do what Music 123 did? There is a huge market for people buying outside the U.S since Jackson's are usually around twice the price over here and in Europe, and most people just aren't prepared to wait weeks for a cheque or whatever it was to clear.

Comment

He's got a point ya know.

Apart from the details listed above I have dealt with companies which want me to send over a email of various bits of ID even the credit card too. I offered the visa card, driving ID, passport, birth certificate you name it i would have sent it, but they still refused.

Plus if us europeans were trying to pull one on you have copies of all the ID's so you can claim back as fraud if they are false in any way.

Comment

dude... where r u from?

Comment

Im from the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X