Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playability of an SL2H vs. a Les Paul

Hi,
    I'm just wondering for those of you that have played Les Pauls, how does the playability of those compare to a Jackson SL2H? I have a very nice LP Custom that is gorgeous and a Peavey EVH Wolfgang. Honestly, the Peavey is much more playable and just feels so much more comfortable than the LP. Even though the LP is "prettier" than the Peavey, I can just play the Peavey so much better and I sound better with it too.

Anybody played a Peavey EVH Wolfgang that can compare its playability to an SL2H?

Thanks.

Re: Playability of an SL2H vs. a Les Paul

No comparison bro.. A Jackson Soloist is THE most playable guitar available.

Comment

although the neck is beefier than i like for a shredder, the sl2h has been the most consistently kick ass guitar i pick up at stores. effortless playability and an unbeatable solid feel matched with top notch components make it a no brainer if you already dig 2 hum axes with bigger necks than a dinky.

just my .02

chris

Comment

I have a soloist and a Les Paul Classic, the Paul is very nice, probably easier to play for the shorter scale, but about frets and feel, the Soloist is much better.
        '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
        '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
        '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '92 Fender Strat scallop
        '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
        '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I think it depends on the LP that you play. The SL2H is way more consistent and plays effortlessly IMO. I had a LP Classic that I just couldn't get used to and ended up selling it. I've played LP Standards that played very well however.

Comment

Les Pauls are a very different animal. I like to have one around because I play very differently on a Paul than I do on a Strat or a shredder guitar. It brings out different things in my playing.
            Variety is the spice of life!

Comment

Yeah, Chuck is right, this is really apples to oranges. I would rather play a Les Paul myself but plenty of people here prefer the Soloist to everything.

Comment

I appreciate the LP for its tonal qualities, its balance, weight, and overall coolness. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one Soloist and one Les Paul... and honestly, it usually comes down to me flipping a coin to see which one I'm going to play that day. They are completely different, yet both feel like old friends to me. I couldn't live without one or the other.

Comment

They are 2 different to compare. They are both electric guitars but that is where the similarities end.
                    They are both great.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Define playability [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The SL-2H and Gibson Les Paul are 2 completely, different guitars.

One is a neck-through 24 fret ebony-boarded, Floyd trem guitar vice a 22 fret set neck w/TOM bridge.

As far as sheer playability, to me, and comparing my Les Paul Custom to the old Shannon Soloist I used to have, the Les Paul is a much better playing guitar action wise and string tension wise.

I've never played a guitar that is as easy to play as my Les Paul, bar none. My 85' SD Charvel comes in a very close 2nd for playability, followed closely by a Jackson Dinky Custom and my Steinberger GM4T.

I think "playability" is so subjective tho....what is good for me may be terrible for you, and vice versa.

Play both, and see which one "speaks" to you more....which feels the best to you [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Personally, I favor the SL2H.

Comment

I love both, but for different reasons. I would like to get a LP Standard after playing both the Standard and Classic, and it would be a standard 50`s neck, Standard Raw Power to be exact. I love the beefier necks on the newer SL2H`s. jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            <font color="yellow"> I've never played a guitar that is as easy to play as my Les Paul, bar none. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more Sam. So true. I love my LPC as much as I love my Jacksons.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Les Pauls are a very different animal. I like to have one around because I play very differently on a Paul than I do on a Strat or a shredder guitar. It brings out different things in my playing.
                              Variety is the spice of life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said Chuck... Couldn't agree more. I have a LP Standard and for some reason I play differently on it than I do on my Soloist. Styles are different, sounds different, mood is different. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Love them both though and will never get rid of either. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Go buy one of each! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X