DIY Soldering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Soldering

Thats awsomne! Did you work for Lockheed or a sub?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I worked for PRC. We were a sub for Mantech on that contract. I quit that job 10 years ago though. Mantech was developing a new test system at the time. It's funny because they had a pretty weak software engineering team and they tried to get me to moonlight for them to fix their stuff. I hope things are different these days.

I used to travel a lot for that job - mostly Port Hueneme at the Navy Yard, NH to the Raytheon repair facility, and to Crane Indianna to the weapons depot.

I also did a bunch of stuff with this suitcase sized digital test harness. Can't remember the name but it was like a silver/metal suitcase and the Navy had a bunch of them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

For almost all of my guitar repairs, I don't use any flux, other than what's in my solder. The exception being for grounds on trem claws, and on the back of pots.

Comment

Hey that was some good info. I still consider myself a novice @ soldering, & appreciate the info.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
          X