quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick Question

What's the diffence between Dinky and Soloist? Maybe just the neck-shape?

Re: quick Question

A Dinky is a bolt-on & a Soloist is a Neck-thru!!

Comment

chuck nailed it.......oh, and the price....

jon

Comment

From what I learned here, they have the same body shape and size but, soloist has the neck-thru construction while the dinky is bolt-on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Neck shape can vary from soloist to soloist and from dinky to dinky also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

This should be FAQ #1 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No Ron,
            Frequently asked question #1 should be "how much is my guitar worth?"
            Followed by "How come I can't access the classifieds?" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

OK, let's write one, smart guy! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Actually there is some difference in body shape as well, but I don't think I know the difference offhand... longer wings on the Soloist or some shit. I do know the body templates are not identical.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Let's talk about the DK1 versus an SL1/SL2H. The CURRENT DK1 is virtually identical in body shape with the Soloist. However, the 1990s DK1 had that different shape with shorter horns... something about the presence of 22 frets.

1990s DK1:

Comment

Working...
                  X