Import or USA, Jackson??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import or USA, Jackson??!

Sorry for posting here, I'm just not sure what this is.

My friend saw a Jackson at a second hand store. he managed to take a pic and he showed it to me.

He says its a neck-through, reverse headstock Jackson. It does have a Jackson logo headstock in the pic, and my friend knows what a neck-through is.

At first I'd say Soloist. But here's the thing.
    There is no binding on the headstock or neck, and the fingerboard is rosewood with dots.

2 Hums, 1 tone, volume, switch, Black hardware, recessed trem (not sure which)

I've never heard of such a thing. Japaneese? USA?

He never looked at a serial # (dummy), where are they on USA and Japan, both on the fretboard?

He wants to buy it, but is a gibson guy and know nothing about Jacksons, and I only have Dinky's .. no Soloists.

Anybody have a guess? Things to look for??

[ January 27, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Re: Import or USA, Jackson??!

If he likes it and the price is right, he'll never regret it. MHO

Comment

on neckthru models, the serials are practically always on the fingerboard

Comment

Need a little more info... sounds like it could be a USA Student Soloist. Could be an import.

Send the picture to [email protected] and I'll post my answer as soon as I receive the message, if it's within the next half hour to hour...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

sounds like a neck thru jackson pro import.

Comment

I would guess 'Student' Soloist. There haven't been any reverse headstock neckthru imports.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

Comment

But it's a reverse headstock neck-thru...

What neck thru reverse headstock Jacksons were ever imported? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I concur - Student Soloist. Could also be a Custom Shop (real Custom Shop, not Student Custom Shop model).
                  The serial for a true Custom Shop (some guy places an order for that specific guitar) would be Jnnnn after the last fret, same as a Student (semi-production Custom Shop model with standardized options similar to the USA Select line). Import would be Jnnnnnn.
                  If there's no number, it could either be an employee project, unserialized proto, stolen, or fake.
                  BTW, a Dinky is a bolt-on Soloist. Always.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll have to try to get to this store and see what this guitar is.

(It's a little hard as a broke my leg) [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

My Dinky a soloist.... hmm.. Never thought of it that way I feel lots better now. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Strangely enough, my neck through Kramer *thinks* its a Soloist. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I mean, think about it - the only difference between an SL1 and a DK1 is the how the neck attaches to the body - same body shape and dimensions, same pickup layout, same neck profile (to an extent) - it's a bolt-on Soloist.
                      Thinking of it that way helps those who are unfamiliar with the differences between the two (i.e. all those auctions offering a "Soloist, bolt-on neck")

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X