ATTENTION ALL MIAMI-AREA JCFers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATTENTION ALL MIAMI-AREA JCFers

They've been informed and are conducting an investigation. Regardless of whether they pay or not, it'll be made right.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"Signature Required" is an add-on service with UPS. I believe it costs $2.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        "Signature Required" is an add-on service with UPS. I believe it costs $2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still that's an added $2 protection .. pretty cheap price to pay ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

^^ ahh, bullshit...
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I hope this all works out. I've had a FedEx driver do the same thing and make off with a package. 4 months later and a lot of hassle, I got a check that was short by $2 and change [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Just FYI, DHL has been great. They're fast and very reasonable on rates. I would suggest anyone here check them out.

When I was in college, I worked for them in a sort hub. We would actually get in trouble is the box "flew" through the air into the shipping container. Yes, DHL uses shipping containers that are loaded onto trucks and planes. UPS trucks are loose loaded and packed to the gills. I've even seen UPS trucks that are loaded too top heavy flip over sitting in the parking lot.

I hope this all works out and the driver comes clean on this one.

Comment

Yeah, Scott at Vwall uses DHL and they are pretty fast. and I am an allstate agent, and they use DHL for thier stuff too when I order supplies

instock inventory

Comment

Reguardless of what happens I know Matt & I will work it out . Newc *& I have done a few deals in the past & it has always been straight . I have no worries, & I hope UPS picks up their ass on this one! [m] oo [m]
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

still that sucks

instock inventory

Comment

It does suck. I hope you get that sweet geetar back man! We're all with you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Besides, I've had all of them break stuff sent to me, so what's the diffy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean besides all the UPS horror stories here on the JCF, and the fact that they own their own insurance company and so deny all claims? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I still say, you guys are asking for it when you use UPS. Try FedEx, DHL, anything.

Also, check this article for how UPS operates

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/12432777.htm
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That really sucks you 2, I hope that it somehow get´s righted, either with blood od by cash... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I boycot UPS on the sole grounds of them owning their own insurance, that´s border line illegal as it is....

DHL and GLS have never done me wrong... German quality, German efficiency... Not everything from Germany is bad [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I work for DHL and have been there for over 14 years. You cant say that the driver stole anything. I live in Jersey and stuff gets ripped off all the time. For a driver to risk his $25 an hour job to steal a box that he most likely doesnt even know what is in it is wrong.
                          Most of the time a driver will just leave it without ringing your doorbell or knocking. Im not saying that its not possible, but I bet he left it and someone walking or driving by saw it and walked off with it. I have seen threads like this before and I have always said you must get everything insured and get it sig required. Well anyway I hope you find it.

Comment

Man...this sucks Chuk! You would have really liked that guitar... Maybe it will show up. I just shipped the WAR body back to you USPS Priority with del confirmation. So be on the lookout. Anyway, Best of luck dude. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

What is the status of this?

Comment

Guitar is stil Missing in action, Newc has gotten the claim papers from UPS , & I think are gonna make good on the insurance for the guitar.....As I had said before I knew Matt & I would get this worked out.
                                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                                X