N00b here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N00b here

Hi all, noobie here. Hope ya don't mind me lurking about for a while. I got GAS bad but the wallet is thin. Basically I want a CS Kelly or Soloist but most likely gonna have to settle for a USA select. Right now I'm playing my MIJ strat with a $1000.00+ into it but it ain't the axe that inspires me although it freakin smokes. I quit playing about 9 years ago and just picked it back up. I'm really kinda sucking at playing and to make matters worse I'm 45 yo.

Anyways, I played my friends Charvel back in about 1994 and just loved the feel so I'm sticking with this company for my next guitar. I want a neck thru so I will be saving for some time.

So can anyone tell me what I should pay for a new guitar? I live like 1 mile from (don't flame me please!!!!) Ed Roman's, I have done business with him and found him very fair(so far), looking at a SLS.

Re: N00b here

Welcome to the boards dude. Check out the link above with the DEALERS. These guys have hooked everyone up here with great discounts (never post prices on the board BTW) and all have much better reputations than Ed Roman. I think Matt (Matts Music) might be the only Charvel dealer actually, but everyone here will tell you he's great to deal with

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Welcome to the boards dude. Check out the link above with the DEALERS. These guys have hooked everyone up here with great discounts (never post prices on the board BTW) and all have much better reputations than Ed Roman. I think Matt (Matts Music) might be the only Charvel dealer actually, but everyone here will tell you he's great to deal with

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I just turned 50,so don't feel so bad. I'm in the process of relearning over everything. But with these guitars it will be much easier! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

So not to start any kinda battle, what's the deal with Ed? I bought a Tacoma from him, he gave me 40% off. The setup blew chunks as the first time I bent the a string it came loose, the eye must have been sitting on the end of the pin. I was going to send it to my other tech Pat Woodward anyways. The price was right. There has been a few times where Ed personally has taken care of me. Granted he is a very strange character but I have found if you let him do his rant and agree with him then tell him you will take the crap guitar off his hands he will give it to cheap as hell. Basically Ed has not done me bad so far(one sale guy did piss me off and I did walked out of the store over a $10.00 difference).

Sure I will deal with Matt, I prefer to feel the guitar first, but hell, how many jacksons are bad? One out of 5,000! Man I saw the PRS he has and almost passed out from looking at it, beautifully!

Nope I will not post prices!!!
        Thanks guys

Comment

Welcome aboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi, welcome [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img], I picked up the guitar again in my early forties, Like a lot of people, work came first for many years, as well as numerous other hobbies, now playin is my main hobby, currently 9 guitars and 3 amps. Early 90s professional series are the best value going, then I would stick to USA stuff, although the SLSMG looks like a pretty decent ax for the cash.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Welcome aboard. It is good to see some other players with some age. I am 47 and am lucky to be a full time musician.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                So not to start any kinda battle, what's the deal with Ed? I bought a Tacoma from him, he gave me 40% off. The setup blew chunks as the first time I bent the a string it came loose, the eye must have been sitting on the end of the pin. I was going to send it to my other tech Pat Woodward anyways. The price was right. There has been a few times where Ed personally has taken care of me. Granted he is a very strange character but I have found if you let him do his rant and agree with him then tell him you will take the crap guitar off his hands he will give it to cheap as hell. Basically Ed has not done me bad so far(one sale guy did piss me off and I did walked out of the store over a $10.00 difference).

Sure I will deal with Matt, I prefer to feel the guitar first, but hell, how many jacksons are bad? One out of 5,000! Man I saw the PRS he has and almost passed out from looking at it, beautifully!

Nope I will not post prices!!!
                Thanks guys

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many threads on Ed Roman, just do a search if you wanna know others dealing with him. If he's done good by you, great, I wouldn't say anything then. It rare ya get a bad Jackson (I never have), and Matt is cool to deal with and always hooks dudes up with a cool discount. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Comment

Welcome aboard. I've never dealt with any of the dealers above(although I hope to have the means to do so someday!), but they are all well respected on this site. Nice to hear someone have a good experience with Ed; don't hear many.

Enjoy the site!

Comment

Working...
                  X