No announcement yet.

What Ever Happened to Grover Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Ever Happened to Grover Jackson?

...As well the intended point.
    :P

Comment

when I was 15 I spoke to him(or someone who claimed to be him at least) about having a RR built for me.This was 84,he was very nice and gracious.We spoke for about 1 hour he told me a story of how Randy came in with some drawings of what he wanted him to build and how quiet randy was and how he still had one of the prototypes that was built for randy at his home.Probabaly wasnt grover but he seemed to know alot about what he was talking about.

Comment

Recall Rob Lane stating that he helped Grover relocate to a new house in San Clemente, CA. He befriended Grover years ago before running the infamous Charvel / Jackson site in the late 90's.

Comment

I remember a VG article a while back about C/J guitars, the author tried to set up an interview with Grover, and he refused to be interviewed. Is there some sort of bad blood with Grover about C/J?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            before running the infamous Charvel / Jackson site in the late 90's.

[/ QUOTE ]
            what was infamous about the website?
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Recall Rob Lane stating that he helped Grover relocate to a new house in San Clemente, CA. He befriended Grover years ago before running the infamous Charvel / Jackson site in the late 90's.

[/ QUOTE ]

The site I would say was famous the owner may have been considered infamous.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                before running the infamous Charvel / Jackson site in the late 90's.

[/ QUOTE ]
                what was infamous about the website?

[/ QUOTE ]

Robb Lane must have been a real jerk off to some as when I previously asked what happened to him on this board, (he suddenly disappeared completely from the net), I was met with something here like "we don't need to get into the details of what happened" Jeez. I didn't know I was gonna be hitting the "desperate housewives" scandal nerve! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Must have screwed some people over and / or pissed some people off. Why? I don't really know.

Robb used to have tons of cool Charvel and Jackson specimens as he had acquired a rather extensive collection. I gather that Robb was close to Grover at one time and picked up a few cool guitars directly through Grover because of this relationship.

All I've learned was Robb helped Grover move to San Clemente, that Robb disolved the web site and new parties bought the domain from him, and that he went through a nasty divorce and sold all of his remaining gear. He used to have a body paint shop in Orange Co. (Cali). Spoke to him once, was cool to me. The end.

Comment

Back in 1988 my mom went to LA to visit a family friend. Her friend said, hey lets have lunch with my friend. They had lunch, got all chatty, and my mom tells her friend's friend that I play guitar (I was 17 at the time, at home, studying for finals). Her friend's friend says, well my husband makes guitars. His name is Grover Jackson. They go to Grover's house and my mom gets to see his recording studio and all kinds of guitars. Grover signed a catalog and gave it to my mom. I have since lost the catalog [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Grover will never openly post on this Forum. He was very disallusioned by the industry and in 1989 that was the end of the Jackson era. He does not want to talk about Jackson guitars or anything related to the company. Sad, but true.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Last I saw Grover was Winter NAMM 2004 outside of the FMIC room. Didn't seem like a very personable guy, but he did take a picture with us.

Occupy JCF

Comment

He does look like, "OK WTF, I guess I'll stand here and get my picture taken". [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I don't think Rob Lane dicked anyone over. I remember hearing that he went through a Divorce, that was around the same time I was going through one. He sold off his collection and then got into boats or something.

Comment

For the record.. in that picture

Mike Eldred,Me,Jeremy,Todd,Grover Jackson,Mike W, and the one and only Mike Shannon
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Robb Lane was a stand up guy with me through the years. I bought around 20 guitars from him and every time they were exactly as described when I received them. The one time I had and issue he took it back, no questions asked and I got my money refunded immediately.

Comment

No attacking those who can't defend themselves...

Comment

Working...
                                X