Old Guitar mags - lookie here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Guitar mags - lookie here.

Well, I was 12, and I have a copy of that issue also.

I've got a closet full of old Guitar Worlds, Guitar for the Practicing Musician, Guitar Player mags, and more tab books than I can shake a stick at. I'm sure I'm not in a minority there though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I was 14 and butchering Crazy Train!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhmmm...+1 ... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I was 24 and Rockin hardcore. Lot's of great bands on the Sunset Strip back in the day.On any given weekend you could check out Ouiet Riot, Dokken, Ratt, Legs Diamond etc. Those were great times for sure!

Comment

I'm not giving an age heh heh
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was 2, You guys are old [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just Kiddin' [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I was 16, and probably up to no good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1...Ditto Except i KNOW i was up to no good.
              Working at a movie theater as a projectionist and selling doobs. 2 bux each or 3 for 5. BARGAIN [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I was 5! lol

Comment

didn't we have an age poll somewhen around here
                  i think we ended up with the most ones beeing in their 30ies
                  i was almost 7 back then

and btw thx for sharing the scan

Comment

I was 29, wishing I had made it big. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I had subscriptions to Guitar Player and Guitar for the Practicing Musician since the first issues. I remember Steve Howe on the first issue of GFPM. Threw every last one out, I had to move to much [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I weren't even born [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I remember.. my friend would drive his older sister's nice 81' Camaro and make an ice cream run for her. He'd pick us up and we'd speed around town listening to this new tape she had called "Metal Health" on her Pioneer tape deck and Jensen Coax speakers [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That was highschool in the 80's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          +1...Ditto Except i KNOW i was up to no good.
                          Working at a movie theater as a projectionist and selling doobs. 2 bux each or 3 for 5. BARGAIN [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, fuckin Superfly! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I was 12 in nov '84
                            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I turned 16 in '84. Got my first guitar and a Peavey amp for my birthday (thanks Mom).

So by November I would have been playing a really bad version of Crazy Train with a little bit of You Really Got Me thrown in too.

Comment

I was two months from 17, working on Scorpions, Ozzy, and Dokken songs on an acoustic guitar...I was a few months away from my first electric.

Comment

Working...
                                X