Let's pretend -You're in charge of the custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let\'s pretend -You\'re in charge of the custom

I second the 2-hum Shannon Soloist suggestion, only I would go all the way with the San Dimas recreation, which the Shannon did not--in other words, small cavity rout, low-wide frets, painted headstock face, etc. And yes, I know, it would be damned expensive! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And they would be available in black, pearl white, ferrari red, and pepto-bismol pink. Woohoo!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      You could make a goth series like Epiphone did and have a series of Plain black guitars or a series of transparent guitars, the wires would have to be pretty well concealed though.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds more like BC Rich territory there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

King Kelly - no cutouts - black with silver, red, green, or yellow bevels - matching headstock logo.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hrm I think I'd do a 750xl limited run.

All Mahogany or Koa construction with Pau Ferro boards.
          MOP Sharkies and MOP Charvel toothpaste logo (hey I hate that logo too but it's one of the distinguishing characteristics of the 750xl). quilt (on koa) and flame (on mahogany) with matching headcaps. Set Neck. Gold Hardware on the koa and black on the flame. The koa ones will be a bit more (cost) than the mahogany. Color breakdown as follows.
          5 colors, 10 of each color, 5 in mahogany and 5 in koa.
          Cherry Sunburst (of course), Trans Red, Trans Green, Trans Blue, and Trans Black.

I think even for a higher end guitar they would sell very well. Why? Archtops always sell well, the 750xl was and still is in high demand, and though these would be USA prices, people loved the SLATQH which was a very upscale archtop. So yea, I think this would move well.

Comment

You know I am all over WW2 aircraft. The guitars would be 50 string thru Rhoads. No V plate or pickguard. 2 emg's and 3 way toggle. Mike Learn would do the honors. Break down as follows. 5 pieces of each.

USA
            P-51
            P-40
            Japan
            Zero
            Kate
            UK
            Spitfire
            Hurricane
            Germany
            BF109
            JU-87 (of course) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Finally the 2 that ended it all.
            Bockscar
            Enola Gay

I'd be broke ass as I'd have to have 1 of each. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

24 fret strathead dinky
              maple neck and board
              white alder body with
              1 hum, 1 vol
              black hardware, OFR
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                You could make a goth series like Epiphone did and have a series of Plain black guitars or a series of transparent guitars, the wires would have to be pretty well concealed though.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds more like BC Rich territory there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I think the bc rich ones look silly!

Comment

That's easy:

50 7 string Soloists, in trans flame colors, with a tuna and string-thru.

They'd all sell.
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

You think? I didn't think the 7 string market was big enough yet to support a high end limited run model like that. Would be cool though. A trans blue flame string thru 7 string [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You think? I didn't think the 7 string market was big enough yet to support a high end limited run model like that. Would be cool though. A trans blue flame string thru 7 string [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'd sell fast. Even faster if it was 25 tunas, 25 Floyds.
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        24 fret strathead dinky
                        maple neck and board
                        white alder body with
                        1 hum, 1 vol
                        black hardware, OFR

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

im a recessed guy though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

yeah i should have said recessed
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I would do a strathead bound flametop mahogany with a floyd rose. I will take what does not sell but I am pretty sure she would go.

The floyd should sell better than a vintage and the bound flametop would have great appeal across the market.

Next would be what brian said
                            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I would go with an H/S, Soloist with 27 fret angled maple fretboard with black binding, non recessed Floyd or string thru, single volume control with a 3 way blade switch. Let's give it a mahogany body, oiled maple neck and some kind of loud color like banana yellow with a matching headstock.

Comment

I think I would have to build two of everything I could think of,then take 6 months to think up some more..Of course I have to build 2 of those,too so we can ship them to every JCF member and have a series that we have all played on.Could you imagine having a couple dozen guitars travelling all over the world just so we could say we played them all???
                                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
                                X