Let's pretend -You're in charge of the custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let\'s pretend -You\'re in charge of the custom

probably just usual DK-1 specs to keep things simple. i have a reverse model in the "fun with the custom shop generator" thread too.

chris

Comment

Thru neck, strat head Charvel. Dinky body, gold floyd rose, birds eye maple neck, mahogany body, flame maple top, cherry burst, 1 humbucker, Bareknuckle Nailbomb, gold hardware.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I think I would do a hotwheels strat head, but maybe do something unique with the colors. What that would be I am not sure... Other specs: 2 hums, V-trem or floyd, 1 knob, 3 way toggle. I think that would have a broad appeal.

Comment

> Mine would be an offset dots version of the SL2H,oil finish neck,and available in "none more black",complete with Budman accessories. This would come with a certificate of authenticity,which when presented to the female of your choice,would entitle you to all the ass you can get for 24 hours. The second LE that would be made would be a single pickup DK1,in old school Lynch bengal,once again with offset dots and black binding. The COA on this one would entitle the owner to the same amenities as the "none more black" Soloist. Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I would do a run of 50 Fusions with some of the old school graphics.
            You know, Coral Sea, Eerie Dess No-Swirl, etc.

Comment

Personaly, I'd be thinking more along the lines like Kev. i.e., Ideas for 80s replicas. The ones I would consider are...

- Jeff Beck's orange Soloist
              - Steve Vai's "green meanie" strathead, offered in two versions. 25 of each, before (sunburst) and after (green w/mods).

To do a non-replica, it'd have to be something never done before. In production, I mean. Like a soft archtop Rhoads or KV. Rear loaded, two hum, non-recessed Floyd, bound body, cherry 'burst flametop, mahogany or korina body & 3 piece neck, vintage sytle (smaller) sharkies.

Comment

This is easy.......

I would do this.......Strathead of course.
                25 with Floyd Rose......25 with brass vintage trem.

Maybe I would do more than 50 of them.....everyone would want one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  An 80's limited artist run .. IE Jake,Warren etc

[/ QUOTE ]

+10.. all the 80's kids who gazed at their guitar idols then will be an easy sales target group now (in terms of financial stability and the nostalgy reflex to actually buy one)..
                  [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The Laiho idea is the thing I've seen with the best mass appeal thus far.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Re: Let\'s pretend -You\'re in charge of the custom shop

Gotta be some sort of RR-1 In honor of the late great Randy Rhoads w/ minor updates.....
                      and say autographs from Delores and Grover and on the Headstock somewhere have to have "RR"
                      On the back an awesome Randy painting.

Comment

Re: Let\'s pretend -You\'re in charge of the custom shop

Reverse head large scale King V with 27 or 29 frets, maybe a blood drip paint job....uh, what? We have move 50 of 'em? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Reverse head Rhoads then...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would do a run of Holdsworth models, 25 in red and 25 in white.

i like the idea of artist models from the 80s...

warren,vai,(great idea sunburst and green) Jake...
                          and since Fender is involved I would hit them up for the Jake necks and have the charvel staff refin the headstocks...also using the Fender 3 bolt...even though that thing was ALWAYS a bad idea! but wanna be accurate

I would also give Eddie the boot and then do a bunch of random striped models like they used to until he sued me (well them ) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and lastly I would end up fired for taking home too many samples , and then you would all be buying my employee projects on ebay, and we would be lambasting their originality here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

oh! When I read archtop Rhoads I felt it move a bit...

Comment

I'd do just about anything with maple and sharks. There are quite a few of us GASing for that and we can't afford CS.

There's one in the classifieds that I totally want but I'm broke off my ass for a good long while. Oh well...

Comment

You could make a goth series like Epiphone did and have a series of Plain black guitars or a series of transparent guitars, the wires would have to be pretty well concealed though.

Comment

Working...
                                X