X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let\'s pretend -You\'re in charge of the custom

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Come up with a lineup of 8 guitars you would produce if your were in charge of the NAMM lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ok since I asked the question its only fair I should put my ideas out first right?

On the Charvel Side
    Charvel San Dimas Pointy Exotic-Flame Koa 1/8" flat top, black binding, inlays, hardware and logo. Walnut Body, Cocobolo Neck and Bocote Fingerboard. Tunomatic w/Stop tail H/S config with direct mount pickups. Original San Dimas Neck Profile.
    Charvel San Dimas Strathead Retro #1-1 Piece Birdseye Maple body, Birdseye Maple neck. Honey Sunburst, Gold Hardware, Gold early San Dimas logo. Flat top with Creme binding. Early San Dimas Neck Profile. Vintage trem, 1 Hum, 1 volume.
    Charvel San Dimas Strathead Retro #2-Maple Neck and Body. Dan Lawrence painted retro Spiderweb graphic, black on purple finish. Black early San Dimas logo. Early San Dimas neck profile. Vintage Trem, 1 Hum, 1 volume.

Jackson Guitars
    Bolt on Spalt Maple Roundhorn Rhoads-Roundhorn Rhoads body, 1/8" Spalt flat top, Black Korina neck and body. Birdseye Maple Fingerboard. Ebony Sharkies. Black logo, hardware, binding. 1 Humbucker, Afterburner, coil tap. String Thru. Spalt Peghead. Jackson San Dimas Neck Profile. Strathead.

7 String Archtop Warrior-Archtop Warrior body, Neck thru Mahogany body and neck. Bloodwood Fingerboard, 1/8" Bloodwood top. Black with transparent natural Rising Sun Graphic. Black painted headstock and neck. Natural Binding, Black binding on neck, Bloodwood headstock binding. Ebony/Abalone Sharkeye Inlay, Abalone logo. H/H config, string thru, abalone knobs. SLS headstock.

Death Kelly-Black With Gold Leaf bevels. Mahogany neck and Body. Neck Thru. Gold Hardware, OFR, HSS. Gold Leaf Logo, Flamed Maple fingerboard with Ebony Sharkies. Gold V Plate. Rev. Headstock.

Mike Learn Demon ()-Demon Body, Mahogany neck and body neck thru with tone chambers. Mike Lean full body graphic (hell motif) Flaming Skull inlays. HH, OFR. Black Hardware.

Mike Learn Archtop Roswell Star-Roswell Star body, Archtop. Lacewood Neck and Body. Meteor inlays, Mike Learn full body graphic (space motif). H/S String Thru. Gold hardware.

I think that lineup would really turn some heads.

Oh and I love the webcam idea of Xeno's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Even if they weren't on all the time but just occasionally so customers can see some of the process of how their guitar is built. Plus it might minimize the chance of a mistake being made like Jack's Demon had the incorrect cut on the bevel.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh...so once you've made these guitars, how do you justify the huge price tags that you'll have to add to them? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

here my 8 custom creations for NAMM.

yes, i am bored. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        heh...so once you've made these guitars, how do you justify the huge price tags that you'll have to add to them?

[/ QUOTE ]
        This was a NAMM lineup not a production lineup. NAMM guitars always cost a ton, no justification necessary. And just with any NAMM lineup some are outrageously priced while others are pretty much the usual customs.

Comment

jackson warriors - all neckthru's in different trans-colours, black hardware with sustainiacs at the necks.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

good times, chris. i missed the namm one-off special part of your post.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

SL1H "Wildfire" Soloist - 1 direct-mounted pickup (white in color), 1 volume. Mahogany body, finished in RGF over flame maple veneer (do the RGF in candy/translucent paint, so you don't hide the flame maple - and the back would be translucent Black Cherry, so it doesn't hide the mahogany grain), 24 frets, ebony w/MOP sharkies & WHITE (not off white) binding to match the pickup, reverse headstock w/MOP logo, black OFR. Oh yeah, and a "speed neck" profile w/satin finish.

This should not cost a fortune to build. Start with an SL2H-MAH Trans top. Add a candy/translucent RGF finish, reverse headstock, "speed neck" carve w/satin finish, and black hardware instead of chrome; subtract a pickup, 2 mounting rings, a tone control, and a selector switch. Build it Jackson!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                good times, chris. i missed the namm one-off special part of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yea that was my little addition to this thread, not to many people ran with it. Though MD came up with some badass stuff. I also like Quicksilver's Wildfire Soloist idea.

If charvel ever allows the strathead option I wanna organize a limited run of San Dimas IV Customs. It could be cool [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X