Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "SOFTER" Side of Mike

It's not ALL demons and devils. . .

This is a Hand Carved Guitar that Mike is making for our daughter's 5th Birthday.

She designed it herself.

Diana Learn
    http://www.LearnAirbrush.com
    http://www.LearnGuitars.com
    http://www.MikeLearn.com

Re: The \"SOFTER\" Side of Mike

Looks like it would destroy any Daisy Rock, plus it has extreme sentimental value... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice one Mike. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Flower Power! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font color="aqua">very cool Mike, I see we have the mandatory "Les Pau" blueprint on the wall as well- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

haha good shit man...very sweet

Comment

To be honest, I like the demons and the devils better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              But I'm about to pick up the mandolin, so I'm not the one to talk... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That wood bridge is such a great touch!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah, yeah. Now show the picture of the backside, where there's a 3D carved flaming skull face with all knarly teeth and such, coming out of the center of the sunflower. Your daughter's gonna have nightmares for life from that one. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

j/k. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Cool stuff from daddy. My daughter's room has handpainted sunflowers in it. Kids are awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That's awesome, she'll love that present!
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Thanks guys,
                        It is a fun little guitar. I can't wait to crank it through the amp. I went with a hot rails pick up. She will be laying down some scorching licks with this baby. AHAHHA. I have to bust it out on stage some night. It plays really well. Working on guitars is a very rewarding occupation. Fortunate to have the time these days to do some more building. I just recently finished up an acoustic archtop based off Bob Benedetto's plans. It will be cool. I am really running out of wall space to hang these creations. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll post some shots of my daughter when she gets it for her birthday.

Thanks again for the props.
                        Mike
                        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I am always willing to help with your wall space problem Mike! Just send me a couple of those "surplus" Rhoads my way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

To be able to create something as such for your daughter must be an awesome sensation.My oldest is beatin on my Warlock and my younger two abuse my ratocaster.As long as they keep their mits off the Jacksons,no one has to sleep with one eye open.....

Cool project,Mike,can't wait to see the colors you throw at it...
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              just recently finished up an acoustic archtop based off Bob Benedetto's plans. It will be cool. I am really running out of wall space to hang these creations.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I'd love to see pictures of that Mike, from what little I know of guitar building (its something I want to get into some day, but not in the cards right now), the archtop acoustic is pretty difficult to build, and you don't see many of them. This little guitar is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X