Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not such a happy man!

Hello all,

Anyone ever receive a new guitar from Jackson that was a little less than expected?

Here's the deal. I received my Bulls eye Charvel last week. Did not come with a wrench for the Floyd, no biggie. I noticed the Duncan pickup was missing a piece of the cloth tape that wraps around the coil. The copper shielding is exposed. And the input jack was super tight. You almost have to force the guitar cable end in! Another no biggie, I figure maybe it will loosen up after time. I come home today, plug her in and nothing, so sound out of the amp. I grab another guitar to see if it's the amp. NOT! It's the guitar. You would think the kind of money I spent Jackson would have better quality control, especially on their USA models. Anyone else ever have this kind of thing happen?

Re: I\'m not such a happy man!

OUCH!
    Dat aint right!
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

QC at Jackson has been under attack for some time. The JCF 01 series was mentioned. Dross listed a few more [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] and some others have chimed in. It's too bad, makes you wonder what's up... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yea Man, that`s got me worried. I ordered a Black SL2H a few months ago and when it comes in, it better not have any QC issues or it will go back until they either get it right or give me my money back. I am not saying this is going to happen, but I am just being cautious and expect almost perfection from a USA Jackson. My 1993 Jackson USA Soloist AT Custom is truly perfect and the SL2H should be very close. Just ranting a little, but horror stories get me on edge sometimes, we do spend hard earned money on these fine axes [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Sounds to me like the jack lead was bent too far in and your plug isn't hitting it....pull the backplate off and you'll probably just have to bend it back a little....plug your axe in and see how good the contact is then. That was the problem with my $1800 Polka Dot Rhoads back in 1998...I plugged it in and nothing...

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

that is bull****. seriously, at the prices you pay for these guitars, they should be close to FLAWLESS. this is why you buy a USA guitar.

Comment

I have, and they were great to work with, and from the reports of people dealing with the new management, they should get you straightened out just fine.

Every hand made object has the possibility of some flaws. I'm sure they'll be happy to fix them.

The only real flaw seems to be a tight plug, which isn't really that big of a deal, in my opinion. The pickup tape would have been something that slipped by SD and not Jackson.

If you want to send it back, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to correct any problem you have.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd go after SD //Steve

Comment

I recieved my Bullseye two weeks ago and it two was less then perfect. The fingerboard behind the 22nd fret should be 3/8 of an inch.
                  The treble side is 3/8 the bass side is 2/8, It looks crooked. It took a couple of days for me to notice it but for the money it should be perfect.I filled out the warrenty card with my complaint and sent it off in the mail.I am waiting for a response from fender? I also did not recieve floyd wrenches.I e-mailed Lloyd at GuitarExpress and he said he would get them to me. The Jackson warrenty does not cover cosequental/production flaws so says the warrenty card.

Comment

I recieved my Bullseye two weeks ago and it two was less then perfect. The fingerboard behind the 22nd fret should be 3/8 of an inch.
                    The treble side is 3/8 the bass side is 2/8, It looks crooked. It took a couple of days for me to notice it but for the money it should be perfect.I filled out the warrenty card with my complaint and sent it off in the mail.I am waiting for a response from fender? I also did not recieve floyd wrenches.I e-mailed Lloyd at GuitarExpress and he said he would get them to me. The Jackson warrenty does not cover cosequental/production flaws so says the warrenty card.

Comment

So that makes it two guitars with problems out of a run of how many???

That's kind of shady if you ask me. When you buy a "special" guitar like that it should be flawless in my opinion.

Comment

*cox head* Do guitars normally come with floyd wrenches? Mine didn't, but luckily, my daddy bought me a set of metric allen keys for Christmas ^.^

Comment

My Bullseye is great, but I also didn't get any Floyd wrenches. I wasn't sure about what to do cause they weren't put behind the headstock, I'll have to get in touch with Lloyd.

Everyone's got to remember that these guitars are made by humans, who can make mistakes. If you want perfect every time, go to a machine. Everybody wants hand made Jacksons, but slight differences and imperfections go hand in hand with 'hand made'. The quality of the guitar, the feel will be awesome but when you look at the 24th fret side markers and see one is a bit lower than the other, that's not a reason to ***** and moan your guitar isn't perfect, it's a reason to smile and think of the guy that put them there. What other guitar maker makes guitars with so much human involvement these days?

Comment

My KE-2 came with the two allen wrenches attached to the headpiece, but one needed to adjust the truss rod was missing. I do have a set of metric wrenches, but none of these seemed to fit. I'd apparently need one that's slightly less than 5 mm ( if I remeber correctly , but I think I do ) - does anyone know what size would fit in?

Comment

I love my Bullseye! That being said, it has a tiny finish crack on the top side of the neck pocket where it joins the neck. The case came with a hole in it about the size of a pencil erasure – goes all the way through the bottom. I already talked to Lloyd about the case and he was very helpful in working out a solution. When I first got it, I opened up the case and noticed that the felt disk that acts as a spacer between the strap button and the body on the upper horn was herniated out to the side. It was totally out of alignment. It only took me two turns of a screwdriver to loosen the strap button and realign the felt spacer and then tighten it back up to make it perfect. Nevertheless, the point is that for a $1,600.00 dollar guitar, I expected Jackson to take the time to align the felt spacer on the upper strap button before it left the factory. My input jack is super tight too. I want to say again that I love the guitar, it plays fantastic.

One other thing that I thought was interesting was the strap buttons themselves. They are different than any other Jackson or Charvel strap button that I have ever seen before. I thought this was curious because I was under the impression that the Bullseye was a “reissue” of sorts and built as close as possible to the old San Dimas specs. Well, my strap buttons are definitely different than the old San Dimas buttons. They look more like a cylinder with a mushroom head on the top, instead of like the standard cone shaped buttons with the wide rim. I will attach a picture, but you can’t really see it that well. Perhaps someone else has a better picture of the new-style strap buttons?

My Bullseye came with all the wrenches in the case. The two Floyd Allen wrenches with the mount that usually goes on the back of the headstock came in a little Ziploc plastic bag. The screw that secures the mount on the back of the headstock was also in the little baggie. I also got the truss rod wrench with the little Phillips screwdriver on the handle end.

Overall, I am very happy with the guitar. It is currently my number one player. I can’t wait to get the next “special” offering from GuitarExpress. If you guys like the Bullseye, I have a feeling you will love what Lloyd has up next! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 30, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Guitar Lawyer ]

Comment

Working...
                              X