Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m not such a happy man!

What Lloyd has up next?....do tell...

The strap buttons are different hey? Chuckracer made mention of this type last year sometime and I was suprised to see them on there, but as they are factory, it will be cool. The Bullseye isn't a total re-issue as we have the top mounted floyd nut, and the barrell floyd posts, and the spring cavity cover is recessed brushed aluminium, but I like all those differences.

You got your floyd tools?...I got the truss rod tool, yours is the first i've heard to get those other tools....

Comment

Yep, I got all the tools in a Ziploc baggie that had “RH” written on it in permanent marker. Road Hazard? I also like the differences you mentioned above. Except I would like the trem spring cavity cover top mounted. I usually take it off and I think it looks better when it is not recessed when the cover is off.

I was talking to Lloyd about doing a Custom Shop quote for a guitar with the same specs as the Bullseye, but with a few variations, such as not having a maple fingerboard, single coil in the neck position, solid color and a few other little things. Very expensive going the Custom Shop route. We talked about it for quite a while and I will just say that I think I will hold-off on the Custom Shop order.

By the way, I got Bullseye #6025 – what did you get?

Comment

Mine is #6021. A big selling point on getting the Bullseye, besides it being a USA Charvel, was the maple board, I have plenty of the other kinds now, need more maple, so that made the decision a bit easier. I keep my spring cavity plates on but I do think they look cooler without recess if you keep them off. To that end, I was fully expecting them to be non-recessed but I guess they did them the way they've been doing it for years now.

Comment

If they did an ebony reverse pointy, with no trem cover and no route or recess, I'd be up for one. *headbangs*
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What about a maple reverse pointy with ebony fins and black binding? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Guitar Lawyer, I recently recieved my Bullseye and it too had the imperfection you described in the neck pocket on the top side. I've noticed this on bolt on guitars over time so its not that big a deal to me as I think its going to happen to most of them anyway. In addition, the edge of the neck pocket on the bottom side has a tiny area that looks a bit thin on paint (?). Otherwise the guitar is fine and I recieved all my wrenches in a plastic bag in the case.
              I like the fact that they included the wrench holder and screw or the back of the headstock but left them off the guitar. That way I can choose whether to mount it to the back of the headstock or leave it off.

Rudy

P.S. Mine is number 6016 and the hang tag says it was inspected on my birthday. I guess they really did build it for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

As far as the allen wrench thing goes, I've owned over the years 3 USA jackson with Floyds and 6 import Jacksons with Floyds (most of them bought from GX), and every single one of them came with 2 allen keys and a trussrod key. Also, I've never had one--not one--with any sort of flaw. Currently, I'm gigging with a DK2 as my main guitar and a DK2 as my backup. They are flawless. Sounds to me like something is up with the limited production Charvel Bullseyes. I haven't heard anything negative about the Road Hazzards, so who knows...?
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
                X