• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neck-Thru vs. Bolt On

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Is that The Dude's rug? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Where are the piss-stains?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, but it looks like it ties the room together [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Love the pic Chuck! Hi-Larry-ass to say the least!

I'm a bolt on guy. I'm not saying I don't like neck-thru or set neck designs. I like em all realy. I prefer a bolt on because it is what I'm used to and grew up with and I like a little brightness when tuned low. I love my DK2LE because it is a treble heavy shred machine. It has the 4 things that make it all possible: bolt on neck, maple fretboard, 2 point Floyd and an EMG 81.

Comment

Fine instrument will always have enough sustain and attack, whatever neck joint is. And speaking about maple thru necks, I believe they give a perfect balance. Neck-thru obviously mantains greater sustain, and having a 1/3 of body consisting of big chunk of maple adds the attack.

I prefer neck-thrus. I have no serious problem with regular heels, but stuff like sweeps or awkward fingerings and stretches just goes better. Playing pentatonic boxes no big difference though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Basically I don't care much for specs, but only for what I feel and hear.
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking... there must be at least a dozen identical threads [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

But I heard something about a bong... where is she? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X