• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI - New List Prices

For anyone who may be interested.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/pricelist.html

Re: FYI - New List Prices

What is the DKFF (w/flamed fingerboard)... Maple perhaps?

Thanks Shreddermon, as I figured it out A USA Jackson would cost roughly $2,300 for a graphic guitar and about $1,950 for a basic color guitar(based on 20% below retail list price and adding 6.5% sales tax)
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Dude, there are many very good dealers who will do much better than a paltry 20% off list. Whoever you may be thinking of there, do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. Plus - [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] - if you order out-of-state via the `net, you can save the sales tax, too. (...Offset a bit by shipping costs, though.)

Shop wisely. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 29, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Actually effective imediately, the new M.A.P. (Minimum Advertised Price) for all dealers is 25% off list. (Multipy the List by .75) I just spent the entire morning on the phone with Fender VP of Sales with reguars to this. Jeff Cary is a great guy. Of course with any MAP policy, any dealer can sell anything for whatever they want, they just have to advertise it per the new price guide.

You have yours truly to blame for that one. Every Jackson dealer across the US has been making a stink about my prices for a long time now. They have been talking about it for about a year now.

It was only a matter of time. Every other guitar manufacturer has the same thing.

On a side note, the demand for Jacksons has skyrocketed. For the last year Jackson would have anywhere from 2-50 USA'a in stock at any one moment. After my call this morning they have none. Fender's goal is to make the USA's availble withing 90 days for any model any color. That would be nice.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the price list!

I looked at the "Jackson Cases" page, and the first item was an "Acoustic" case. Odd!

Comment

Are they ever gonna actually give away the SL1?

Comment

Cool the RR3 is getting the crimson swirl finish. RX10 getting satin black? Any pics of that and the cobalt blue swirl?

Too bad the new policy will seem to raise prices, and might scare off customers who don't know that you can haggle down prices with some dealers.

RR-5 ($1,427-25%) = $1,070. F*** that! I can get an excellent used USA Rhoads for that much.

Comment

Actually I was going with a local dealers "discount" on new guitars without a trade-in. Yeah I know I can get better prices over the net (thru Onlinestagegear, & others), but I also get some customer service and a visible person in front of me to talk to. ** I in no way mean to cut down Matt & the other online guitar stores by my last statement. ** Obviously Matt has done a great job with customer service and over the net that can be difficult. Basically I get free neck adjustments for as long as I own the guitar & the store stays open for bussiness (which has been & should be a long time). And there are also perks that I believe they offer that an online store couldn't or it would be more time consuming and difficult to hassle with. Even if an online retailer offered these services, I would have to send the guitar to them & then it get sent back to me, not to mention what could happen in transit. Plus over the years my local music store has taken good care of me, so I feel a sense of loyalty (to a point) to them.

With all of that being said I would not rule out the possibility of ordering a guitar from an online store, especially a graphic DK2. Maybe someday.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                X