Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Questions

hey all

i saw a fantastic looking Black Dinky in my local shop the other day, as tempted as i was i wasnt sure about the over all quality of it.

so here are my questions:

is the Dinky just a lower grade model of the soloist?

Are the Electronics and Hardware up to a good quality standard?

is the locking tuning system just as good as a soloist?

does it have any low grade parts such as a Painted Fretboard?

How does the guitar sound?

Thanks in advance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Dinky Questions

Is it a USA dinky?
    What dinky model is it?
    Does it have binding?
    What is the pickup config?
    Does it have a rev headstock? Dinkys are bolt on necks and soloists are neck thru.
    Be a little more specfic if possible.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

it had no binding, it looked like it had Active pickups, sharkfin inlays, the head stock was normal, and it had a locking tuning system.

Comment

any ideas on my questions then?

Comment

well, the DK2 is not as good as the soloist, but the DK1 is the same in a lot of respects. Same Trem, same frets, with EMG's (real ones) and a bolt on neck
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

If its a dk1 its as good (better imo) as a soloist. Only difference is pickups and neck attachment. The dk1 also has an unfinished back of neck which is better (imo).Also the neck is thinner.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Sounds like a DK-1 with the active EMG's.

The quality is every bit as good as a SL series guitar, just a different neck attachment method (bolt-on vice neck-trhough).

I have a 87' Dinky Custom Shop that I picked up locally and restored and it's one of my favorite and best playing/sounding guitars. It holds an incredibly low action and just wails (ask MHalsey [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

</font>

Comment

wow that looks great in white.

but i think it was this one i saw in the shop.

just noticed that the head stock is diffrent, why is that?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...tno=DXMG_Dinky

btw do any low end jackson guitars have painted fingerboards?

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks for the comment on #3510.

I know NOTHING about import Jackson's bro....I'm sure somebody will be along to answer better.

It apparently was designed/specd with a reverse headstock (which some people dig).

</font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="yellow">Sounds like a DK-1 with the active EMG's. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
                    He said it's got no binding, though, so it couldn't be a DK-1. Then again, none of the other guitars Jackson makes have active pickups... they're all passive pickups, and some use active electronics.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font color="yellow">You're probably right there man-o'-the-toe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've only really had a few USA Jackson's and only have the Dinky left [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] as I've gotten hit very hard by the San Dimas Charvel bug (thanks Chuck [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

There are so many import Jackson import designations that I get confuzzled easily [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, yeah, I get confuzzled easily anyway [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

The DXMG has binding, the passive EMG HZs, & a reverse Jackson headstock. So not the DXMG, get a pic of the actual guitar & post it.

"is the Dinky just a lower grade model of the soloist?"
                        NO, Dinky = bolt-on construction, Soloist = neck-thru construction

"Are the Electronics and Hardware up to a good quality standard?"
                        YES

"is the locking tuning system just as good as a soloist?"
                        YES

"does it have any low grade parts such as a Painted Fretboard?"
                        Jackson does not paint fretboards (although I don't see why that would be considered low-grade
                        Depends on if it is USA or Import:
                        * if USA then no low grade parts.
                        * If an Import then parts will be as good or better than similarily priced guitars (electronics & hardware be less than USA quality)

"How does the guitar sound?"
                        no idea, but likely sounds great (it's a Jackson)
                        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                        X