Quick emg stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick emg stuff

I went all the way and got all three pups replaced with emgs in my dk2. I love the sound of them (especially clean on the single coils).

I keep slaying batteries by leaving it plugged in though.

However in my electronics cavity there is a black wire running from one of the single coils. I don't know if the installer guy intentionally did this or what. May be a ground wire?

I know emg's need no ground so maybe this is intentionally left free but I thought the ground ran to the bridge or something so any help is useful.

Re: Quick emg stuff

Oops..

forgot to note that the black wire runs frum the pickup and connects to nothing. It's other end is just hanging.

Comment

Hmm, although I dont know nothing about EMGs I dont think this wire is good for anything...expect it comes out of the PU.
      BTW we also have a Tech-Talk!

Comment

Are you SURE it comes from the pickup? It could just be one of the groundwires that are screwed into the conductive paint in the pickup cavities.

As for the battery thing, you could easilly add a micro "kill switch" for the batteries. I did this on an old Kramer I had, because the EMG stereo jack didn't fit in it.

Comment

Working...
        X