Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just spent an hour on the phone with Fender

Its all your fault, Matt! Cool... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

BTW, Mesa dictates the selling prices on their amps.

Comment

Guys, most of the larger suppliers have a MAP in order to level the playing field, and as skidd says, to keep the mom and pop stores competitive. These companies will shut you down as a dealer if you don't adhere to their dealer policies, and by signing a dealer agreement (as all dealers have to do every year), you agree to any companies terms and conditions. Taylor guitars won't even let their dealers advertise or sell on the net, not even used guitars on ebay. I managed a mom and pop store here in Atlanta for several years, and the MAP really helped us out (there are 2 Guitar Centers and there were 3 Mars here). I have several friends that work for Fender, and they all say that Fender isn't going to change a thing about Jackson guitars. The Fender sales reps aren't even going to be Jackson reps, they've kept the old Jackson sales staff. I think all the Jackson fans are worrying about something that they shouldn't worry about ~ Fender is a great company and buying out Jackson was their way of getting into the metal guitar market. I presonally think this is a great thing for Jackson. They now have access to Fender's deep pockets, so advertising and R & D will flourish. One last thing about the MAPs, these dealers can and will sell these guitars for whatever they want, the MAP is just for advertised prices.
      ~Ted

Comment

This Fender/Jackson "minimum advertised price" (map) policy is not new at all.

It is however a strong indicator of the corporate politics that are going to get tighter & tighter as we move forward...

Comment

Alright, so Matt, what did you mean about demand skyrocketing? It's a great that to know, but what has Fender done to make that happen? I haven't seen any changes from the view of a consumer yet.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

So Matt, what will you "actualy sell" a black sl2h for? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (when u get one in stock) Im planning on getting one soon, almost have enough.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Forgot to add that I found a website that sells jacksons and they have advertised an sl2h at $1,007.00 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] mmmm sounds good eh??

Comment

maybe you could help me with this one matt, is fender shipping guitars out now? Especially since mine was made before the buyout and was ready to ship but it got delayed by the buyout which really pissed me off, it was ordered october 17th and was supposed tot ake one week then the buyout happened and ive been waiting ever since.
                Since i live in alaska does that affect when they will ship the guitars up? I just want some information on my guitar and the local shop ios providing basically nothing.

Comment

This Fender/Jackson "minimum advertised price" (map) policy is not new at all.

It is however a strong indicator of the corporate politics that are going to get tighter & tighter as we move forward...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, this has nothing to do with Fender. The majority of it comes from last year when MF was selling the DK2's for $279, which is below some dealer's cost! Given the huge volume that MF buys, they obviously get stuff cheaper than everyone else and can afford to turn less of a profit per item. Smaller stores (don't get me started on "mom & pop" stores) got SEVERELY annoyed that MF was selling guitars for less than they could buy them for. I'm surprised that they didn't get a MAP instituted several months ago.

Sometimes corporate politics have to be played unless you want to piss off half of your dealers. I think a lot of people around here forget that Jackson (and guitar companies in general) is a business, not just "mojo".

Comment

Did you guys notice in the latest MF catalog there are only 3 Jackson guitars listed on the edge of one page while there are 41 different Fenders filling over 4 1/2 pages?

Sorry, but I don't believe their claim about Jacksons being in such high demand.

Comment

Did you also notice that MF isn't exactly selling USA's either? Believe me, the demand is there. I doubt doubt that one bit. DO NOT EVER use MF to gauge sales figures. That's like trying to guess how much of something sells based on how many commercials they have on TV.

Comment

Larry, which site has that SL2H in Black for sale? I am not going to buy it, I ordered one months ago from a local dealer, I just want to see a picture of one!! You can email me privately at [email protected] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Well they currently dont have one in stock, but it says they have it on order. There are some bood pictures of a Black sl2h on ebay right now, go check it out. Im going to have to look for that site, ill post it when i find it.

Comment

"That was brought up as well and I was told they will not increase supply if it means they have to sacrifice quality.

Hey Matt, with the other statements about pulling out more guitars within 90 days, do you think he implied they will no longer have the USA models made by hand in Ontario or will they be put on a production line? Or will things stay the same?

Comment

I know you said they won't change a thing... but I wonder if they'll change their endorsement activities and get some big names back from Ibanez & ESP? Would that be a good thing? It would definitely increase demand.

Also, unless they tweak the production process or add more people at the custom shop, they won't hit the 90 days.

Comment

do you think he implied they will no longer have the USA models made by hand in Ontario or will they be put on a production line? Or will things stay the same?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The USA's will always be hand made. If not, they're just another overpriced CNC machined guitar (*COUGH* GIBSON *COUGH*). There is some machine work done on them right now in the form of rough cutting the necks and body blanks, but I wouldn't see it going much farther past that. It COULDN'T go much farther past that, this place would go insane. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X