Need help with pickup identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with pickup identification

I own a Charvel Charvette Model 270 (I have no idea whether it is imported or not so I decided to post here). I has a mystery pickup which I can not identify:

It is a single coil, all black plated with the markings: Charvel by Jackson Charvel. That's all!

Can anybody ID this thing or direct me to a site that has Jackson/Charvel equipment catalogues? www.jacksonguitars.com was a bust.

Please help me!

Re: Need help with pickup identification

Probably the J-80, J-90, or J-95. The 1990 catalog only says "high output, wide tonal response humbucker".

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Need help with pickup identification

Newc, I think he's talking about the single coil sized pickup. Those Charvette's were made in Japan in the early 90's. They used Charvel logoed hardware and pickups. The pickups were loosely based on the Jackson models of the time. Your pickup is most similar to the Jackson J-100, a vintage output single coil pickup.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
      X