Worst day ever....wanna cry ;..(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst day ever....wanna cry ;..(

Only other thing I can think of is extreme temperatures??? Extreme cold to hot in a matter of minutes?? Hot dry weather??

Comment

It's probably a humidity issue. I recently discovered cracks in the ebony on one of my guitars, a Hamer USA Californian in this case. Admittedly, I haven't done much with this guitar in several months, and Minnesota goes from extremely humid to bone dry overnight.

I neglected this guitar, but did start running a humidifier once I noticed the cracks, hoping to prevent the same thing from happening to the others.
      sigpic

Comment

> I've never done it on a guitar,but have done repairs like this on pool cues when refinishing. If you are EXTREMELY careful,try dropping some thin Super Glue into the cracks,using a toothpick. While the glue is still wet,take a small piece of 600 sandpaper and lightly go over the area where the cracks are. The sanding will create just enough dust to make the repair almost invisible,and the glue will keep the board from cracking any further. If the crack is deep enough,it may take several applications of glue to fill the crack enough to where the sanding dust will work. Stew-Mac sells a black super glue that is absolutely incredible,which may work better for this application. If you happen to get glue on the fretboard itself,instead of in the crack,it can be sanded and buffed with no ill effects. In this case,sand parallel to the frets. As for the inlays,I have no experience with repairing cracked inlays other than a light sanding might help lessen their visibility. This situation must suck dude. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Inazone hit the proverbial nail on the head when refering to the Minnesota weather. Christ yesterday it was high twenties and wet, the day before it was dry and frickin cold and dry with a nice wind chill factor.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

You guys from Minnesota eh? Well, dang, I'm happy I aint the only one here. The temp swingshift has been really weird this year..2 days of 50 degree weather then below zero.. at least it isn't below zero for a whole month.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
              You guys from Minnesota eh? Well, dang, I'm happy I aint the only one here. The temp swingshift has been really weird this year..2 days of 50 degree weather then below zero.. at least it isn't below zero for a whole month.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....you mean like it has here, near Buffalo? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey we have at least three MN JCFers, maybe we should set up a JCF shredfest for this summer (when the weather is a bit warmer). Oddly enough I remember a July 4th outside show near Detroit Lakes that was freakin cold as hell. You could actually see your breath, man the guitarists were not to happy that night.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Geez! Makes me really glad I live in California, where the humidity and temperature are relatively constant... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X