X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All NAMM videos finally posted

http://autumn-frost.com/jcf/

BIG thanks to Newc for hosting this!!!

These Quicktime movies are all 280x180 and range in size from 5-27MB. I tried to zoom in on player's hands whenever possible. The original audio and video is crystal clear but I had to compress it a bit when making these movies. These were all shot with a Canon ZR50 MiniDV camera and digitized/edited in Apple's iMovie 2.1.

Metal Mike: From the Digitech room. I was about 5 feet away from him. The audio on these isn't the clearest at times...it was really loud in this room and a bit dark.

Michael Angelo: I was at the back of the crowd with the camera over my head for this one (thank god for swivel LCDs!). My arm was killing me but I had to have it all!

NAMM misc footage: Guthrie Govan (plays in Asia I think), a bit of Gene Simmons (I wanted closeups of his rug), and the Jackson room. Sorry for the shaky Jackson footage. It was hot and loud and crowded in the room and difficult to maneuver.

TSO: Friday and Saturday performances. Anyone know the name of the 1st saturday song? Sounds a bit like Rod Stewart's "Do You Think I'm Sexy" at times.

Enjoy in moderation [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: All NAMM videos finally posted

Awesome guys !!! BIG THANKS [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Guys, well done, thanx a LOT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome! And might I say Holy SH*T! Metal Mike is unbelievable! I never thought him to be as good a player as those videos were showing! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Metal Mike surprised a lot of people there with his shredderific talents! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I think Chuckracer made one of his trademark
          "sweeping like a..." comments! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            Metal Mike surprised a lot of people there with his shredderific talents! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I think Chuckracer made one of his trademark
            "sweeping like a..." comments! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea Metal Mike kicked but he was even sweeping with out a broom

I still say he ripped off my Style [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Guthrie Govan is also a regular columnist with British guitar mags, Guitarist & Guitar Techiques. Possibly others too, but they're the ones I've checked out.

Nice work, VB. You've gone above & beyond the call of duty. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Holy crap I'm bad compared to them. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

That's it ! I need to find a teacher!!!

Comment

For some reason Seeing Metal Mike in person i thought he kicked ass but now seeing the Clips
                    man he is not as good as i thought.

Comment

Awesome! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thank you very much for posting these videos! Very generous! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Those videos are fantastic. But that Guthrie Govan (spelling?) has the strangest of sounds to his playing. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
                          For some reason Seeing Metal Mike in person i thought he kicked ass but now seeing the Clips
                          man he is not as good as i thought.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I gotta hear some sound clips of you playin' if you aren't impressed by Metal Mike! Got anything cool online I can check out Sid? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Sid's referring to the parts where he's out of tune (some bends) in the first clip. I don't know what that was about, but it sure does stick out like a fire in an elevator [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That Guthrie Govan guy is indeed strange. Does he get paid to play that way? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And WHO is that guy with the Les Paul in the TSO clip? And where did he learn (or rather, NOT learn) to play in proper context with the song? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            That solo bit and bit hard. Totally wrong scale.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

cool, thanks for sharing [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X