Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All NAMM videos finally posted

Originally posted by Newc:
    And WHO is that guy with the Les Paul in the TSO clip?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've only watched one of the TSO clips so far, Saturday #2 at the Mark Woods violin booth. Are you talking about Alex Skolnick or did they play with another guitarist on the other clips?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

It's the same guy in all of the clips.. so...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc.. I noticed the same thing.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Can I figure you guys are using media player 7? I have 6 and it won't open them...

Real player time?

Comment

I'm using Quicktime...

get with it John. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yea, Quicktime here

so it's Skolnick in all the clips? Newc, you didn't recognise his skunk stripe? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

It is indeed Skolnick in all the TSO clips. In the Purple Haze jam, he is way off in a lot of the song. I was watching his face as they played and I think he was a bit confused over what song they were supposed to be playing.

I wasn't too impressed with his playing in the TSO clips throughout but loved his playing in Testament. But it also was a jam with a bunch of guys in a 10'x10' booth and I don't think it's meant to be taken too seriously. TSO sounds incredible in a full live setting.

Guthrie was playing a chrome guitar...I think the fingerboard was even chrome. I don't believe it was his guitar; when he was done playing he handed it back to some guy who took it to another booth. He also appeared to be struggling a bit as he played it...kinda like "what the **** kind of guitar is this???".

Comment

It just sounded like Alex was trying to jazz it up on the spot with some jazz progressions. Some things work and others dont. Still a great player. As far as Metal Mike....I think he kicks major ass! I didnt know he had it in him, great sweeps, tapping, sweep/tapping. Thanx again Venomboy!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Much appreciated Venomboy..

It's even better then going there. This way I dont have to put up with that blazing sun, and I can sit and enjoy a LAbatt Blue and watch highlights [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X