Jackson/Charvel Finishes Catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson/Charvel Finishes Catalog

what your not taking into account is cost to manufacture vs demand.

If Jackson needs to make 50 guitars in a color to meet production and they can only move 25 of them then it isn't worth keeping the option available.

As far as Bikini Beach or Checkerboards.. they went back to old school graphics to being in the old market they were selling too ..hence Charvel returns .. I'm sure there aren't many kids playing that can afford to own an old charvie or a new one ..so who would be the intended target .. people who already knew what charvel was ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sure, agreed. And I'm sure there are several other factors that I/we haven't thought of. Like I said, I certainly have no sales/marketing expertise. Just trying to make the point that sales figures alone are only part of the story. ...Even an internet-blabbing hack like myself can know that much. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree, it doesn't take in to account what the customer might have prefered... but Jackson doesn't sell to the end consumer, they sell to the music stores. So even if Jackson knew exactally what the final customer wanted, they would still only produce those colors the music stores actually purchased.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
        X