Jackson custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson custom shop

To an extent I agree with the bolt-on agument, but let's face it, a bolt-on Rhoads?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Why not [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (I am not a huge fan of the V bodystyles anyway, so don't worry about seeing a bolt on rhoads or V from me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

I had the same reaction in chat when I said I was getting a Bolt on Death angel, it seemed to have nothing to do with the neck thru aspect but that I was somehow insulting Rob's design or some [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] like that. Give me a break! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Chris, my post was a fun jab at Newc. That's why it had a [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] on the end of it.

It is true, I prefer neck thru because that is what I like. But to be honest, as long as you are not spending my money, I don't care what you buy. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I would never order a bolt-on custom shop. I only have one bolt-on guitar left in the house, and it's going to be gone in a couple of days (except for the strat I am building). I would never say set-net or neck-thru is superior to bolt-on, but I still prefer them.

By the way, Death Angel were never a production model. There have probably been less than a dozen made in total.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            To an extent I agree with the bolt-on agument, but let's face it, a bolt-on Rhoads?

[/ QUOTE ]

RR2. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Great guitar, BTW.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RR2. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Yes..... a stunning success! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Ever play one, Stuka? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Whether it was a commerical success or not, it was a great guitar. Same sitch with the XTRR, original Warriors, etc. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, never did. I am sure it plays great but, I have made it no secret here though. I like the bells and whistles of the real deal. Gimme neck thru, binding, sharkfins etc.Now, if I could learn to play one of these days, I'd be in business. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Scott

Comment

Though its been mentioned a few times throughout the years I doubt we will ever seen a production model Death Angel, even in the signature line. The shape is too unusual and I think the worry is that it might not appeal to enough people to sell well. I can understand that. Still its a shame because IMO its one of the best newish "radical" guitar designs out there, along with the Beast and the Warrior (I'm not counting the Bich, Warlock and Mockingbird in that since those are pretty old designs).

Stuka-yea I knew you were joking, the rant was more of a general thing, the only thing directed at you was the [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Heh I had forgotten about the RR2.

Wow Stuka your going to hate my custom [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Bolt on, no binding (except natural body binding). I do have sharkies though, but they are zig zag.

The original warriors were bolt on?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      RR2. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Great guitar, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost mentioned that one, but thought that'd destroy my point [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . They may have been great, but as Stuka says, not a massive success, and while it isn't a primary concern, re-sale is a factor, and CS guitars generally take enough of a dive as it is!

This might be total BS, but for me, there's not enough support either side of the neck on a Rhoads to give a stable bolt-on...
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for all the imput, and to be truthful bolt on doesn't bug me much. But I figured that if I was to go all out then neckthru is the way to go.

I wonder if there is a used market for Death Angels? I would have no problem getting one used.

Comment

There were probably less than a dozen made so its unlikely you will find one used but I did see one up on ebay about two years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X