Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from a JT-6 to a Floyd

Hello Everyone,
    Can someone tell me why i would have to change the nut out of my guitar if i wanted to replace my JT-6 with a floyd. A piece of the bar insert hole seemed to have broken off, not all of it just about 20% of it. Also, is a floyd better than a JT-6?

Re: Changing from a JT-6 to a Floyd

Floyd's are better and you can get parts for them easy. You won't need to change your nut unless you really, really want to.

Comment

thanks for the info!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the base plate and the inertia block on the Floyd over the die cast JT-6.

I have a guitar with a JT-6 nut and a real Floyd tremolo. It seems to work fine so far.

Comment

Floyd Roses are better overall than the JT-6s. However, I did some real science last summer and swapped out the JT-6 for a Floyd Rose, a Schaller, a JT-580, and another JT-6 with different length block on some guitars. The results? No difference in tone, playability or feel. You have to remember that tone is made of up of many factors, and the slight difference in trems is so neglible no one on this forum could tell. However, there is a difference in set up. I find the JT-6 harder to string up, and it alwasy slides off the posts even with a Tremolok. The nuts are no fun time either. But once it's up and running properly it's as good as any other.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X