Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie based message pointers? :(

SUCK!

I've been using my work computer to access the JCF mostly, and come home to browse messages, and most of them are marked as unread or new. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

:'(

Damn! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

What happened to "mark forum as read" feature that was going to be implemented? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: Cookie based message pointers?

I was gonna say, what does that matter on this board!!! Mark what message!!

They became complacent as we're here and quit complaining!

Comment

And after you reset your pointers, it'll mark the forum that there's a new message. :s

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Even though the new message was obviously read by the creator... :guh:

Oh well. :waah:

(UM.COM smileys. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Welcome to my world!!!!!!!! I've been sufforing through the Cookie based markers ever since day one as I'm on this forum equally at work AND at home on 2 different machines. It sucks for sure but you kinda become numb after a while. I figured the Admins were getting tired of me whining about it so I let it go after a bit.... But now that you mention it! hahahaha

Comment

THe cookie stuff would have been a bummer on the old EZBoard, but here? you can't "really" mark much anyways...

Maybe someday they'll get on it...

Jeremy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARK THREAD AS READ!!!MARK THREAD AS READ!!!

WE WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WE NEEEEED IT [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

I suffer the same, but I've just accepted that it's the way things are.

But if you guys are raisin' a ruckus, then I'll join in [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I say we riot. Let's throw Recycle Bins through the Jackson USA, Efraid, and Non-J/C Related section windows, and tip over the cars in the Classifieds [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Mark what???

The hundreds of threads that come through here everyday??

The truth of the matter is that there is not even that many threads coming through here to keep track of....it's not even worth programming in my opinion. Even on Harmony Central I can keep track of threads in my head and there are way more over there than here. I'd rather see the admins put time into something a little more worthwhile.....MOIP...........

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

We assuredly need it and it's a known option supposedly. They shouldn't have to hard code it.

I lose track of way too many threads AND blow off even reading certain forums as I don't have time to keep going back and checking every thread. On the old EZboard, I read every forum and the thread marked as read function wqas very valuable. Here, I only bother reading a few unless I'm bored...

Harmony Central? Hahaha... Mmmm k... Not much there I'd worry about missing...

Comment

Let's form a posse! I have the same trouble, but wasn't going to make a fuss about it. But now that you guys have all spoken up ... I think I'll join you so we can all greatly exaggerate this mild annoyance [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X