GuitarXpress/No more Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarXpress/No more Jacksons

I was just on the GuitarXpress web site and it looks like Lee is parting ways with Jackson and FMIC.

Re: GuitarXpress/No more Jacksons

That'd be Lloyd [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It is a shame, but I can't say I surprised, what with his San Dimas guitar line and all....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Had a feeling that may happen but I wonder exactly why it did. Lloyd hasn't had many new ones for a long time. Besides him, what's the deal with Easton? Maybe I missed the news but is he also no longer a dealer? Tried contacting but no reply.

Scott
      Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I believe Easton is no longer a dealer, either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder why?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This is a bummer, I bought 3 Jacksons from Lloyd over the years and he always treated me great.

Comment

Ok, so what happened with Easton? I recall some story about him misrepresenting an old Charvel or something but I may have that confused with someone else.

Comment

Pat, care to jump in here?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ok, so what happened with Easton?

[/ QUOTE ] Got some time? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Read this thread. READ ME
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Had a feeling that may happen but I wonder exactly why it did. Lloyd hasn't had many new ones for a long time. Besides him, what's the deal with Easton? Maybe I missed the news but is he also no longer a dealer? Tried contacting but no reply.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been living on a deserted island?
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

weird, since they always claimed the "largest Jackson dealer since 1950" stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        but I guess the san dimas guitars thing is a bit of a conflict of interest...
                        plenty of other good dealers to go around on the JCF, so no worries [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I dunno, that's surprising to me. I kinda did realize they slowed the incoming new Jacksons, but didn't think he would kill it completely. Ah well...

Comment

Lloyd is a great guy and a very good friend to me. This was very sad news to be honest and Lloyd had a big part in the return of Charvels with the black and white bullseyes.

I would tend to beleive that SDG is taking off for him. He seemed to be getting a good nashville following.. At any rate this was sad news ..
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Lloyd is awesome. Great guy. Not just on the phone but face to face too. I am sure he is on to bigger and better things for him right now. Jackson / FMIC has lost a very good source to sell there stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X