Clear All

Re: GuitarXpress/No more Jacksons

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm 4'9" and 367 lb.

[/ QUOTE ]
    So you're Ed Roman?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was thinking the same thing. It's odd that both dealers that help us with the JCF series are now now longer dealers. It was Lloyd that did the JCF01 wasn't it?
      I can't rememer.
      Gil

Comment

I bought a few Jacksons from Lloyd myself and still call him every now and then just to say hi. He is a top notch guy! We have met up at NAMM the past few years and I plan on doing the same this comong January again. Whether it is with Jackson, San Dimas Guitars, or both, I wish him well.

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I bought my first Jackson from Lloyd. Very nice, very patient with all my stupid questions, and treated me like customer #1 even though my DK2 was relatively inexpensive. I'm sorry to hear this, and wish him good luck.

Comment

Unbelieveable, how quickly this forum forgets what Lloyd did to the JCF on the JCF02 project. Lloyd is the king of being nice to you on the phone and to your face, just don't believe much he tells you.

The truth of the matter is that FMIC is extremely pissed at Lloyd for building San Dimas branded guitars and FMIC themselves terminated their relationship with Guitar Xpress.

Comment

I think you talking about Kevin Easton when referring to JCF02?

Two different people. One of them doesn't rip people off.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the JCF had to cancel JCF02 originally because of Lloyd. Kevin Easton's BS was just the final nail in the JCF series coffin 2 years later.

Comment

Lloyd is a great guy. He will even answer his phone on the NAMM floor and BS with you even when it's apparent he's too busy.

I've bought 2 guitars from him and his service when I had an issue with my SL2GX, he sent me a replacement at his expense, as soon as the first one was in the mail to Jackson. And he didn't charge a dime. I didn't bug him or anything, and with an issue that was clearly Jackson's fault, Lloyd stuck by his sale unlike any other dealer I've ever dealt with.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the JCF had to cancel JCF02 originally because of Lloyd. Kevin Easton's BS was just the final nail in the JCF series coffin 2 years later.

[/ QUOTE ]

JCF02 was cancelled by the JCF after AMIC yanked the JCF's serial numbers.
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JCF02 was cancelled by the JCF after AMIC yanked the JCF's serial numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's tell the whole story:

The JCF admins had a specific agreement with Lloyd and Guitar Xpress on pricing for JCF Series guitars. Lloyd promised to sell them at a very specific price with a promised small markup over cost. It's funny how things go round and round and Kevin Easton gets mixed up in this but what happened is this. Through talking with Kevin Easton at Jackson guitars, the JCF admins found out that Lloyd was marking the JCF02 guitars up way over what he promised he would do. The JCF admins discovered Lloyd had been lying to them about actual cost to Guitar Xpress. At that time, the admins tried to talk to Lloyd about it but he would not discuss the issue. This pissed off the admins who immediately yanked the JCF Series from Guitar Xpress. The admins then tried to do JCF02 through other Jackson dealers but AMIC's head Donnie Wade would not let the JCF Series be purchased through any other dealer. Donnie Wade and Lloyd had a good relationship at the time and Donnie protected Lloyd to no end, even allowing him to opperate Guitar Xpress out of his GARAGE with no real store, which was required by AMIC at the time.

JCF02 was put on the backburner for awhile and then resurected. At that time, Donnie Wade became a complete ass and yanked the JCF Serial Numbers. Without the JCF serial numbers, the current administration shelved JCF02 once again.

With the purchase of Jackson by Fender later on down the line, a new opportunity presented itself to the current administration to resurect JCF02 with Fender and without having to deal with Donnie Wade. The current administration made JCF02 work with Fender, outside Donnie Wade and outside Lloyd and Guitar Xpress. Once again, funny how things go round and round but JCF02 sales ended up with Kevin Easton.

Comment

hey greg! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

AHAHAHAHA [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nice one Sully!
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            With the purchase of Jackson by Fender later on down the line, a new opportunity presented itself to the current administration to resurect JCF02 with Fender and without having to deal with Donnie Wade. The current administration made JCF02 work with Fender, outside Donnie Wade and outside Lloyd and Guitar Xpress. Once again, funny how things go round and round but JCF02 sales ended up with Kevin Easton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice of ya to take credit for something you not only had nothing to do with but tried to destroy in the process ..
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Busted!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Speaking of the original JCF02 deal, I never did quite understand the hullabaloo over Lloyd making some money on JCF01. $13xx for a Custom Shop RR was a fantastic deal. So what if he made a buckertoo?
                                And IIRC, the original price we were quoted for JCF02 through Lloyd was $16xx, WITH the JCF02 serialization on the board like it shoulda been, but a certain "someone" kept drilling the issue of Lloyd making a profit above what he said originally.

Soon thereafter we were informed there would be a sticker or trussrod cover or some crap for the serial, and they would get standard serials on the board.

At any rate, from what I recall of the whole ordeal (or at least as much was posted in the Buyer's Forum) the JCF02 buyers got screwed due to one person's personal crusade to fry Lloyd.
                                When JCF02 finally DID take off, it was $400+ more than the original price, and Robbin didn't get to see them, or find out how happy the buyers were to get them, and how appreciative his fans were that he had a hand in it.

Thanks for that one, pal.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X