Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GuitarXpress/No more Jacksons

Newc, this is a first from me but

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Robbin didn't get to see them, or find out how happy the buyers were to get them, and how appreciative his fans were that he had a hand in it.

[/ QUOTE ] So true Matt. He also didn't get to see a handfull of these get sold off by his "fans" shortly after delivery.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        So true Matt. He also didn't get to see a handfull of these get sold off by his "fans" shortly after delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks pal ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          So true Matt. He also didn't get to see a handfull of these get sold off by his "fans" shortly after delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks pal ..

[/ QUOTE ] Kev, personally, I don't care what people do with their own stuff. I was just showing the other side of the coin.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nevermind

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Robbin didn't get to see them, or find out how happy the buyers were to get them, and how appreciative his fans were that he had a hand in it.

[/ QUOTE ] So true Matt. He also didn't get to see a handfull of these get sold off by his "fans" shortly after delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but in all honesty I didn't see as many who claimed to be "fans" stepping up to the plate to buy the remaining few. I did see some quibbling over serial numbers (i.e. "if I can't get a lower number, I'm out", trading higher numbers for lower numbers, etc), which smacked of "collectorism". I admitted up front I was not a RATT fan, but did always want a Jackson V that was made to fit someone over 5'5" tall. I didn't quibble about the serial number, as it was NOT the main focus. I voted that they get NO serialization, which was met with hearty laughter from quite a few people.

At any rate, and Maynard can correct me if I'm wrong, but the deposit for more than one of these was taken care of by either the Admins or the dealer, or a mix of both, just to make sure this model was made.

After the crap it took to get the thing not only made but also delivered, I don't blame anyone for selling theirs. I'm quite sure even the thought of them makes quite a few people sick over the entire ordeal.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X