Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charvel, strat-head, scalloped frets past 12th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel, strat-head, scalloped frets past 12th...

ok.. this axe i found at GC was pretty cool but not worth 300 bux IMO. it was pearl white with a khaller trem (i think). it had 3 switches and 3 knob holes but only 2 knobs. no back plates. the body looked good and it played very very very well. the sound was excellant, could've been stockers or EMG's (H S S setup).

but here's the kicker...

below the 12th fret it had scalloped frets!!!! these suckers ROCK! i was freakin amazed. at first i was like "jesus christ someone played this allot!" then i noticed all of em all at the same depth...

so... is this thing really worth 300 bones?

-X?

Re: charvel, strat-head, scalloped frets past 12th...

Well, being that it's guitar center, I'd make them an offer well below 300.00 or whatever they're asking and work from there depending on how much it's worth to me personally.

They only scalloped the first twelve? 1-12? not the entire neck? Usually it's the other way around 12th thru the last that is scalloped when it's a partial..according to your title...looks like it was 12th to the last.

Is it a superstrat? H/S/S w/ a guitar logo?

[ February 04, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

A Charvel Strat Head with a scalloped neck that played very very well... hmmm.. is it worth $300? Are you missing a 0 on there? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

*calling every local GC*

No it's not worth that. Which Guitar Center was it? If it was still there, I guarantee it's gone by now, if it's how you described...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

LOL @ Xeno! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But the guitar is ruined... it's got a Kahler! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

how much do you think its worth? it wasn't in spectacular shape at all but it played well and the body looked good (aside from the obvious missing knob and bent switches, missing backplates etc...)

100 bux?

BTW the khaller was pretty darn good, i dont see why someone would knock it

Comment

you said the magic word in the title "strat head" go buy it now!!!!!!!...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yeah go buy it now or I'll find out which store it is and transfer it to mine. HA!!!!!
              J/K
              If it's still there dude go for it. I picked up a Strat head for 300 bucks a while back and never looked back. GO GET IT. Don't Ask Just go. GO NOW GRASSHOPPER.
              Gil

Comment

Probably worth $800+ dollars if it's really beat, but the neck is unmodded. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It sounds like a legit superstrat. I ran across one at GC a few years back for about the same price 325, H/S/S.. no scallop tho. It was definitely a Charvel as the neck had the 12th fret dots close together. Didnt have the cash at the time and had no clue what it was worth.
                  I passed on a san dimas in '96 for 350.00.. I kick myself for that one too.

Comment

the head has no writing on it and the finish is that of a vintage neck (kinda yellowey)

i have some cash in the bank right now... i'm seriously debating gettin it...

how would i know for sure if it was a superstrat? if it is from the reaction this seems to be a good investment...

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                      It was definitely a Charvel as the neck had the 12th fret dots close together. .
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">superstrat has a variety of definitions. I consider a superstrat as: A strat style body, A strat style headstock, small guitar charvel logo.

Check the inlays on the 12th fret in comparison to other Charvels posted around here.. Charvel dots are always a certain distance apart.. being spaced closely apart at the twelfth.

[ February 07, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Working...
                      X