Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson guitar sustainer systems: PC1 versus DK2S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson guitar sustainer systems: PC1 versus DK2S?

Are there significant differences between the Floyd Rose/Jackson Sustainer system in the PC1 and the Sustainiac system in the DK2S? Both have seemingly similar sounding controls as described on www.jacksonguitars.com:

PC1
    -Master Volume
    -Master Tone
    -Intensity Control
    -Sustainer/Driver On/Off Switch
    -Fundamental/Harmonic/Blend Switch

DK2S
    -Master Volume
    -Master Tone
    -Intensity Control
    -Active Sustainiac® On/Off Switch
    -Fundamental/Harmonic/Blend Switch

Do they both use 18V (two 9V batteries in series)? Does the DK2S have a battery box carved into the back like the PC1 does? Does the DK2S have a huge electronics cavity like the PC1 does?

I've never seen EITHER of these two guitars in the stores yet, so I've never had the chance to play with a sustainer system before.

Re: Jackson guitar sustainer systems: PC1 versus DK2S?

DK2S: 9 volt with battery box. Cavity is standard size of any DK2 so it's mega cramped in there.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Re: Jackson guitar sustainer systems: PC1 versus D

I have a PC1. Sustainer is great but I don't use it.

First, the PC1 has enough sustain - when I vibrato especially the lower strings the sustain goes on and on until I release the vibrato. So no need for more sustain.

Second, I like to get tone and such from my fingers. I get harmonics and overtones from my fingers. I figure the harmonic octave boost will make me lazy if I use it all the time.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

They are similar, but not the same, I have two PC1s and have a DK2s on the way (or at least I was told [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

The PC1 system is, in my opinion, superior. It is, granted I only have a small amount of time with the DK2s, easier to use. the mini toggles are only two way switches, and on the DK, one of them was a three way switch. I couldnt, once again I only had a small amount of time on it, get it to do the things I instantly could get the PC1 to do.
        its prolly just me, but I found the Floyd Rose Sustainer(that is what the Jackson unit is) to be easier to use
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

It's very important to note that the PC1 sustainer works on all 5 pickup selections. The only sustainer I know that can do that.

Comment

I don't know the differences, but I use my PC1 Sustainer to knock the walls down or blow some windows out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] 18 Volts of driving fury I say! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Can't get enough PC1

Comment

its a great guitar, if it was neck through, it would be the ultimate super strat, wait, it already is....
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                X