What's causing this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's causing this???

I purchased a brand new SL2H about 6 months ago and everytime the guitar is in the case for more than a day it gets some sort of film on it. My guitar is black so it's easily noticable. It wipes off very easily with a polishing cloth, but I don't know whats causing this. Doesn't happen when guitar is not in case. Could it be that Jackson sprays the fur inside the case with something? Anyone else experience this?

Re: What\'s causing this???

Does the case smell? Do you have a damp environment? It might be advisable to take the guitar out of the case and let it air for a good while.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Let the case air out for several days. You can also try running a shop vac inside it. I've seen where people selling guitars have used carpet fresh, baking soda, Lysol, etc to try and freshen up a musty smelling case to hide the odor.

Comment

if it's a new case, it could be the glue that holds the lining gassing off.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Maybe the fur has dandruff...How about some head and shoulders?

Sorry,couldn't resist...club at will....
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try airing the case out for a few days. It is a new case.

Comment

muffler bearings...

Comment

Houston does have high humidity but I've never experienced that problem. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Yeah, definitely air out the case a bit and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X