Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help Identifying a Rhoads

That's Howard The Duck, not Donald.

I agree, Tekky, that the one in the Danny photo is rather obscured, but you can also see Daffy's red shirt just above his leg, as well as the aforementioned head and fretboard.

Still, the possibility is very high that the guitar originally posted is a fake, especially given the current location.

But I know there's another pic - possibly in one of the Dealer Graphics Albums or the Archives - showing that guitar either on a stand with Danny or at Jackson in the drying rack. It's not in my Dan Lawrence book, nor in the Dealer Graphics Album I used to have.
    It may have even been a scan of an old magazine (Young Guitar?)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's a thread here somewhere with a guitar very like that at the Hard Rock in Hong Kong, but I can't find it.

Also, I have a the Among the Living Tour Programme, and in the list of Danny's guitars, there's the following description:

"Jackson "RR" w/Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck"
      also:
      "All the guitars have upside down in-lays, Floyd Rose tremelo systems, Maple fingerboards (except one), and the bodies have been cut down to a smaller size"

Personally, if I had to call it, I'd say it was legit, if for no other reason than if anyone was going to get one of Danny's guitars reproduced, I'd have thought that plenty of his other guitars would have been preferable to that particular design.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dan was smart also, using the EMG 85 in the bridge!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
        X