• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the final showdown !!!!!!!!!!!!

jo ppl i nailed it down to 2 guitars the

kv2

and

RR1

i will be going to huston to a frined and while i am there i will buy an usa jackson.
    i would love to try one of these but her @ Belgium
    there is no way that there will.....EVER....EVer
    be a usa jackson !!!!!!!!!!

so i ask you guys maybe to help figure out wich guitar would be appropiat for me i have bc rich warlock usa bolt on that i found in a second hand shop
    but that guitar just isn't that what i want

maybe you owners of those guitars could post some pics and tell me the + and - of those guitars !!!!

that would be verry nice !!!!!!

oh yeah.... wich ever one i get i will buy it in black with white bevels !!!!

Re: the final showdown !!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont like the blade switch and volume knob placement on my KV2. I prefer the single volume and toggle on my RR custom. Other than that I really like them both. The RR has jumbo frets and the KV has thin tall frets. So, you see, it will come down to your personal preference. Play both and pick what suits YOU best. They are both Great guitars.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Here's a pic of my Trans Blue KV2. I also have a USA RR2 (bolt-on Rhoads), but no pic of that. I personally prefer 24 frets and a thinner neck, so the KV2 made sense for me. Both are excellent guitars. Just be aware that you might have trouble finding either model with the finish you want, if you are planning to buy from a shop while you are in Houston. If you are coming to visit someone, maybe have them check out the shops ahead of time, to see what is available.

sigpic

Comment

Dude, if you don't mind a drive you should go to Music Productiv in Germany. Im sure they'll have a USA Jacksons there.

I like the King V better. as mentioned the frets are thinner frets which I like.
        Also the longer lower fin allows for some really cool positions while playing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but the RR is also really cool..

IMO the pickguard on the RR doen't look nice so.. yeah I prefer the KV.

Comment

i was thinking about going to musik produktiv but it's like and 5 hour drive but it'll be worth it

just gonna take some frineds some booze and some testament and sh*t and i'll be off

but 1 guitar cought my eye the guitar from pat o'brain of cannibal corpse ......DAMN THAT's ONE F*KING HOT GUITAR dudes i might look out for 1 like that !!!!!

well i thought i just order in from onlinestagegear but i would hate buying a guitar without trying it !!!!!!!!

and some more pics plz

Comment

Stuk,

I'm with you bro! Those front cavity's BLOW! I'd love to have a couple of rear loaded RR's, I know they're out there, but finding one is another story...

As far as the KV2, I can relate to that as well, I only have one KV, the Dragon and that's all good as there's no switch, but I could see where that'd be a problem...

Jamil, good luck bro, I'm sure you'll be very happy with either model, just stick to a USA and you really can't go wrong... There are a few members here from TX, they may be able to offer some guidance as well.

Another thought, is to look for something used, eBay auction in the Houston area or a forum bro from that area that may have one for sale...

Just a couple of thoughts, good luck either way!

Pat

[ February 06, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Strangletooth ]

Comment

Jamil, the nice thing about USA Jacksons are, if you've played a couple of them, you shouldn't be worried about buying one mail-order...

They're the most consistent guitars from model to model and from year to year that I've ever really played.

I'll buy USA Jacksons without worrying about playing them, cause if they're used, and described well, I know exactly what I'm getting.

New? Don't even worry about it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X