Fast necks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast necks...

I wouldn't want my neck any thinner than like ones on most Jacksons. Having an unfinished neck would be faster. I'm used to playing on my bolt on WRXT, and my new KV feels sticky w/ the painted neck.

Comment

Re: Fast necks...

For me is a combination of several things.

1. I prefer a solid neck that is comfortable and not too thin(ie: Ibanez - Wizard) but the guitar has to feel solid, resonate and literally become an extention of my thoughts and feelings while playing.

2. A great fret job. (How many times have we bought a great guitar only to sell it in a month or two because we didn't like the fret-job or it just didn't step up to our standards.)

3. I prefer some bounce to the strings(10's)

4. Sound is very important for speed. When I have a sound that I love & feel, my performance shows.

5. Mood plays a big part in speed for me. Sometimes, my mood determins which guitar I'll use and it's all just psychological. ( [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] yeah, weird but true.)

My favorite necks would have to be my custom shop BC Rich Ignitor and my newest addition... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jackson SL1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img], which has been my primary since it's arrival.

Comment

Working...
      X