mahogany neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mahogany neck

BTW SL2-MAH has quarter sawn mahogany neckthru construction.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Yeah, the SL2-MAH has a single piece quarter sawn mahogany neck. The Kevin Bond Rhoads is listed as having a 3 piece neck. I would assume that the specs don't lie. They usually don't. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ask the Jackson dude if you want an official answer.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Actually, the SL2H Mahogany has a 2 peice neck with the Scarf Joint and quarter sawn. When you custom order a guitar from the CS, as I did with a mahogany neck, you get a choice of the basic 2 peice with scarf joint and quarter sawn(the one I am getting) or the 3 peice neck that runs in 3 strips up the neck at a pretty good upcharge. Hamer uses the 3 peice neck as standard. Maybe the JJ-2 in all mahogany had the 1 peice neck, but not sure? Jack.

Comment

Viola!! SL2H MAH

Comment

What is the reasoning behind the use and positioning of a scarf joint? How does this make the neck stronger?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              What is the reasoning behind the use and positioning of a scarf joint? How does this make the neck stronger?

[/ QUOTE ]

The change in grain direction make the angled headstock less likely to fly off.

I'd go for a 3 piece neck all the way thru - lot stronger.

Who's got a good deal on a Bond [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Does that mean the grain runs in the same direction as the headstock angle? If this is the case, then why is the scarf joint located behind the 2nd fret, and not behind the nut?

Comment

The farther down the neck you go with the joint the stroger it will be.That would be my guess.
                  Some of the model series Charvels the scarf joint IS at the nut ie.non floyd guitars.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X