Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried these "string saver saddles"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone tried these \"string saver saddles\"?

Hmmmm....OK [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    As for string saver saddles, they have my vote. With those and a graphite nut on my Mystic, it never goes out of tune.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Someone here said that playing open strings sucks if you have a GT nut. What do you think? Does the attack change?

Comment

I've got those on my shitty Hondo 760. They actually do seem to make the strings resonate a bit louder.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I put a set on a few guitars a cheap Squier Strat and it did wonders!!! I put 2 sets on a Gibson Tune-o-Matic and also again wonders!!! I have to ask you Sully when you installed them on a Tune-O-Matic, did you have trouble bending the triangular wire that keeps the saddles in place? I broke a few after bending them back in place and still never heard from Gibson over how to remove them and re-install them safely...

Comment

$89 for a Floyd saddle replacement seems a bit steep though. Is it me or did these prices go through the roof? I don't remember ever paying more then $25 for a set of Gibson Tune-O-Matic saddles from Graph-tech, they are now $43???? What the heck?

Comment

So, does it change attack or not? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

2 things to consider - #1 you're not breaking many strings as it is. #2 are you willing to compromise/change your tone to fix a problem that doesn't exist?

I haven't tried them, but, like you my string die before they break.
                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Well, the problem exists! Whenever I went crazy on stage - they just broke. Too bad. Especially, the A string. But since my Jackson doesn't have much attack by default, I don't know whether I should put them on. I mean, an increase in sustain should decrease attack, right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    $89 for a Floyd saddle replacement seems a bit steep though. Is it me or did these prices go through the roof? I don't remember ever paying more then $25 for a set of Gibson Tune-O-Matic saddles from Graph-tech, they are now $43???? What the heck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Supply and demand... as the demand goes up, so does the price, assuming the supply stays constant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Well, the problem exists! Whenever I went crazy on stage - they just broke. Too bad. Especially, the A string. But since my Jackson doesn't have much attack by default, I don't know whether I should put them on. I mean, an increase in sustain should decrease attack, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Actually, the two will typically go hand in hand. The same issues that decrease sustain (poor resonance, nut and saddle material, action too low, etc. are also typically the causes of a soft attack. If your guitar lacks attack, I would definitely give these saddles a shot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Actually, the two will typically go hand in hand. The same issues that decrease sustain (poor resonance, nut and saddle material, action too low, etc. are also typically the causes of a soft attack. If your guitar lacks attack, I would definitely give these saddles a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I was stepping up from cheap hardware and nut to String Saver saddles and graphite nut(in one case..have others). I think it's a lot like the stuff I deal with in consumer electronics as far as attack/sustain is concerned. Most people, in a double blind test, would fail miserably trying to tell the two apart(audio setup vs audio setup). I see it time and again with audio and video. But hey, who am I to tell you what to hear, there are plenty of people to tell you that. My bottom line..Less string breakage, stays in tune better, no noticable difference(except totally better in the hardware upgrade case). Take your time, find them on the cheap, and give them a try. As for the graphite nut..I have one on my Carvin also. DC400ca with a Floyd. That's right, Floyd bridge and a graphite non-locking nut. Stays in tune like no other guitar I have or have had. Sure there are a couple of draw backs to having a Floyd and a regular nut, but there are some plus point also. Just giving my .02 on things that I actually own and not what I've heard.
                        The Buzzard does not fear
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone
                        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

You might even consider trying a thicker A string, or changing string brands... cheaper fix??
                          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

I switched to thicker strings, but didn't play on stage since then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I think, I should save 100 bucks to upgrade it, if you guys say it's not a waste of money

Comment

Working...
                            X