vintagecharveljackson.com available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintagecharveljackson.com available

I am letting the domain name "vintagecharveljackson.com" lapse so it will be available very soon. If anyone wants it please grab it asap.

The reason I am posting this is because there are domain name scavengers out there who monitor the InterNIC somehow and buy up lapsed domains, especially anything that is ".dot com" in order to resell it.

Unfortunately "www.jacksoncharvelworld.com" suffered this fate and is now owned by one of these entities as I understand it.

Just an FYI if any of you guys have a C/J website in planning and want a cool domain.

Rather see someone here get it than a reseller.

Bret
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Re: vintagecharveljackson.com available

Thanks Bret, cool of you to come in and let us know. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I let my old domain name run out a while ago and an adult company bought it.

That has happened to a few sites I have found. I dont see why adult sites want to own domains with guitars in them...

Just some thoughts, be carefull.

Brooks

[ February 08, 2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: BGWwebguy ]
      www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Well, I went ahead and renewed it just to be safe. I don't want to continue to pay for this domain and would like it to stay in the family. Hossman has expressed interest in using it as part of the "jacksoncharvelworld" venture.

Pat I'll let you know if he changes his mind. I definitely want to have it stay in the family. It has sentimental value!

Until the other extensions really become acceptable (.biz, .tv, etc) anything that is ".com" could potentially be worth money so these companies snap them up just in case.

Early on in Internet years people started registering domains by the thousands and creating good livings out of selling them.

I remember doing a "whois" in 1994 on "superbowl.com" and it was not taken. If only....
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

They will take anything that gets hits; old site domains, mispellings of popular sites...

Comment

Bret,

When does this domain officially expire?

Let us know, maybe we can get it secured along with the JCF domain names.

Thanx!
            Pat

Comment

Hello Bret

I found the Charvel Jackson forum thru you. That is to say I found your San Dimas Charvel web site and wrote you an email to which you responded and directed here for info. That was over a year ago, and still I can not thank you enough.

I have been using godaddy.com for domain name registration

https://registrar.godaddy.com/defaul...app=&authGuid=

they have a 10 year registration for $70.
              If anyone has a cheaper one I would like to know.

BTW you may know this... you can have vintagecharveljackson.com point to the same hosted site as your current site.

Best of luck

Kevin

"San Dimas Charvel # 1758 Spider web black graphic on white body"
              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
              X